By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X is the biggest game of the year...

t3mporary_126 said:
Tachikoma said:

Initially, yes, they look pretty, but it becomes painfully obvious in a short amount of time that a large portion of those vistas are inaccessible without both a doll/skell and a flight module, and receiving the first skell is rewarding for about 5 minutes, or to put it another way, the time it takes you to equip the doll, and head into the world map to kill something, only to prompty have your doll/skell destroyed. and you are limited on the number of times you can "revive" them, too.
Having the doll equipped when you are first given it does next to nothing for your ability to kill enemies, running out there and trying to kill something a couple levels higher than what you were attacking on foot up to that point, will result in getting your butt kicked.

So we'll have to grind for stronger Skells levels on enemies we could only beat as humans before? That doesnt sound too bad. Do higher level enemies get more aggressive even if you're just wondering around for fun? 

And I also notice there are floating islands. Are they interesting or just part of the vista?

Some have enemies on, some just have "chests", but never really play a role, the largest areas accessible only by flying skell are actually more "tabletop" areas than floating.

Enemies are docile or aggro regardless of your level for the most part, though after a certain number of levels higher than the enemy they become docile towards you.

The largest of enemies are generally docile until attacked.

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:
bigtakilla said:

Only in your mind is "no" an accurate answer when the landmass is bigger. 

The landmass of 2/3 of the games he listed is bigger than XCX, I went into the third of those three in greater detail in a later post when he asked specifically about it.

Thus the majority answer for the post in question is "No".

But not entirely true. But you didn't feel the need to elaborate until what you said was brought into question, lol.

bigtakilla said:

But not entirely true. But you didn't feel the need to elaborate until what you said was brought into question, lol.

I responded in my usual technical manner, he questioned it, so i explained it in simpler terms, is there a problem with that?
There is no "not entirely true" about it, the answer is technically accurate, and as I went on to happily detail, skyrim is both larger (mesh scale) and smaller (world scale). You are acting like I'm on a mission to downplay the game, if that were the case, why in heavens name would I have posted my technical breakdown of the scales involved? posting something that "contradicts with what was said" (even though it doesn't for the reasons I have no explained multiple times), doesn't sound to me like the actions of someone on a crusade.

I get that you're protective of the game, god only knows the WiiU desperately needs a title to fill the gaping maw of a holiday season, but you're barking up the wrong tree getting flippant with me for questioning the now blatently obviously wrong assertions made in OP's video.

Tachikoma said:
t3mporary_126 said:

So we'll have to grind for stronger Skells levels on enemies we could only beat as humans before? That doesnt sound too bad. Do higher level enemies get more aggressive even if you're just wondering around for fun? 

And I also notice there are floating islands. Are they interesting or just part of the vista?

Some have enemies on, some just have "chests", but never really play a role, the largest areas accessible only by flying skell are actually more "tabletop" areas than floating.

Enemies are docile or aggro regardless of your level for the most part, though after a certain number of levels higher than the enemy they become docile towards you.

The largest of enemies are generally docile until attacked.

Cool, thanks for answering my questions! I think I'm just going to look up a walkthrough that helps me speed run the game up until the skell parts.

Tachikoma said:
bigtakilla said:

I responded in my usual technical manner, he questioned it, so i explained it in simpler terms, is there a problem with that?
There is no "not entirely true" about it, the answer is technically accurate, and as I went on to happily detail, skyrim is both larger (mesh scale) and smaller (world scale). You are acting like I'm on a mission to downplay the game, if that were the case, why in heavens name would I have posted my technical breakdown of the scales involved? posting something that "contradicts with what was said" (even though it doesn't for the reasons I have no explained multiple times), doesn't sound to me like the actions of someone on a crusade.

I get that you're protective of the game, god only knows the WiiU desperately needs a title to fill the gaping maw of a holiday season, but you're barking up the wrong tree getting flippant with me for questioning the now blatently obviously wrong assertions made in OP's video.

Nope, not a problem in the world. Your responses have been exactly as I expected. Nice chat.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Platina said:
This would be a day one game for me if it didn't cost so much :/

Will wait for a price drop/sale to get this game!

It's the price of a normal game.  How do you mean costs so much?

Exchange rate or not, $75 CAD is too expensive for me to get it day one :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

bigtakilla said:

Nope, not a problem in the world. Your responses have been exactly as I expected. Nice chat.

Sadly yours have too, so I can't really return the "nice chat" sentiment.

Tachikoma said:
bigtakilla said:

Sadly yours have too, so I can't really return the "nice chat" sentiment.

Then it seems you're the one that has the problem.

bigtakilla said:

Then it seems you're the one that has the problem.

Yup, as staff, I get an orange ( ! ) Icon up top when people report your posts for personal attacks, so it causes the problem of not knowing if something more important needs my attention.

Fortunately for you I ignore reports made on users directing personal attacks on me in threads I'm participating in.

BraLoD said:

You get an extra orange (!) icon on top of a reported post? Because we all get those icons in the buddy when new posts are done XP

Naw, it shows at the top as if you got a message, and stays there until all reports have been addressed