By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 5: Guardians sells more than $400 million (games and hardware)

Tagged games:

Sharpryno said:
JRPGfan said:

I have 6 friends who all bought digitally so we could all play at exactly 11pm the night before release.  The trend will only grow and I bet it was massive for Halo because of that incentive. 

That's it! Stop the presses! Spread the word that SIX(!!!!!) of Sharprynos friends bought Halo 5 digitally! That means that AT LEAST 80% of Halo 5 sales are digital, and it's the best selling Halo of all time.

warning issued by axumblade

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

These new "metrics" provided by publishers all around are turning sales talk into worthless bullshit. Without clear shipped/sold through numbers or 1:1 revenue comparison, everything becomes so fuckin blurred to "casuals" when each side skewes the results into their favor. There is not any kind of consensus anymore. I feel bad for all the "good" people, those who put their mind into analyzing objectively using their experience and past knowledge, to get buried by masses of skewed bullshit.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

So according to MS Halo 5 is more successful then Halo 3.

Good to know, will be sure to tell everyone that. Halo 3 with a 50%-60% attach rate is less successful then Halo 5.

kowenicki said:
What an excellent example of why so many people abandoned these forums.

Bitterness on another level in here.

Funny as fuck.

Excellent result. The fact is Halo 5 was directly involved in generating almost half a billion dollars of revenue in 1 week for Microsoft. Down playing that is borderline insane.

I honestly wish you would just start back posting more! You always had a lot of well informed post and information! that's what we need back!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

kowenicki said:

Funny as fuck.

Excellent result. The fact is Halo 5 was directly involved in generating almost half a billion dollars of revenue in 1 week for Microsoft. Down playing that is borderline insane.

I think people are letting fanboyism (both sides) cloud the reality of this situation for MS: they care more about their investors than they do about their popularity or threads on VGC. If their investors seem $400M generated in one week, they give MS a big, fat thumbs up. People then buy their stock (because most of their investors are shockingly NOT fanboys), and their valuation goes up. That's all they really care about, and this is a good way to accomplish that goal.

Around the Network

What a load of spin and no break down

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

bananaking21 said:
i guess we will have to wait for NPD to get a clear number of how this game actually sold. we know it did 150k in the UK first week, guess NPD will tell us most of what we need to know, since the USA and UK will be by far the two biggest markets for this game.

People keep mentioning npd, but npd data doesn't always give specific numbers for software, right??

kowenicki said:

Funny as fuck.

Agreed 

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Insidb said:
kowenicki said:

Funny as fuck.

I think people are letting fanboyism (both sides) cloud the reality of this situation for MS: they care more about their investors than they do about their popularity or threads on VGC. If their investors seem $400M generated in one week, they give MS a big, fat thumbs up. People then buy their stock (because most of their investors are shockingly NOT fanboys), and their valuation goes up. That's all they really care about, and this is a good way to accomplish that goal.

I don't really think it works that way. If I had a company that generated 400 million dollars of revenue but it took us 3 billion dollars to do it that's not a healthy company to be investing in. I'm not saying this is the case for Microsoft.

The only thing usable for software sales is the attach ratio bit. By my reckoning the highest attach ratio at launch for a first party game on X11 is forza 5. 315k on 1.1 million consoles. That's a 28.5 attach ratio. A 28.5% attach ratio on 14.6 million would put halo 5 at 4.15 million copies. This is all going off vg charts but this seams a little high to me. My guess was 3 million including digital week 1.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.