By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Report: More Women Own Videogame Consoles Than Men in US!

Size and Type of Household matter, not every woman is a Mommy.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

I'm having a hard time believing that unless they're counting phones. There is no way more females own regular gaming consoles than males. If that was the case that would be pretty awesome, but I think this is just cherry picked data to push a narrative.

HBninjaX said:
I'm having a hard time believing that unless they're counting phones. There is no way more females own regular gaming consoles than males. If that was the case that would be pretty awesome, but I think this is just cherry picked data to push a narrative.

That's exactly what I think this is. I just don't believe this for one second.

No matter how cherry picked or wrong it is, at least its not the regular fear propaganda. Yay

Wouldn't hold it high.

They have men+women at 79% And on age and income it Goes over 100% quite not accurate

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

A survey lol, I lie on every fucking survey that comes my way. Not that this statistic is improbable, but I certainly don't highly regard it based on the evidence

ohmylanta1003 said:
Don't believe it. Something about the survey was done incorrectly.

Yeah, absolute BS.

Let me guess, they counted mobile phones as consoles. Every time I walk into a gamestop or into a video game section in a store, I know this data is flat out wrong.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Some College 54 -> College 37, Consoles make you drop out of college... CONFIRMED.

That's what caught my eye as well lol. Also not owning a console makes you drop out of high school.

That's not impossible because it's about ownership and not about who's gaming more on consoles. A female with a Wii (and there are lots of them) counts as much as a male with 10 consoles.

Ultrashroomz said:
But my mommy bought me my Wii U.

That means that your're the owner and not your mother.

I gave my Wii to my mother and she's now a console owner, too