By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Shares Level Out After $4 Billion Drop in Company Value

Pavolink said:
Uh-uh. Delaytendo is suffering. Hopefully the delays ends this 2015 and dissapear alongside Wii U and 3DS.

Delaytendo? Really? You need to try harder with the nicknames.

Latendo.

Nintendoverdue.

Nintardy.

You're welcome.

Around the Network
atomicblue said:
Pavolink said:
Uh-uh. Delaytendo is suffering. Hopefully the delays ends this 2015 and dissapear alongside Wii U and 3DS.

Latendo.

Nintendoverdue.

Nintardy.

You're welcome.

Nah, Delaytendo fits perfectly.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

atomicblue said:
Pavolink said:

Latendo.

Nintendoverdue.

Nintardy.

You're welcome.

'Trying harder' doesn't always mean 'worth the effort.'

SpokenTruth said:
VitroBahllee said:
SpokenTruth said:

So, you're calling an event that is still ~5 months away as being botched simply because it was delayed to that point and all we know about it so far is a mobile version of a combination of the very successful Street Pass/Tomodatchi series?

And that had they released that last week, it would not have been botched?

It's a game that uses Miis so that you can enter prepackaged comments about stuff you like to do as an ice breaker.  If you don't think that sounds lame, I don't know what to tell you.

We're core gamers.  That's going to sound lame to  us.

Did you really think these mobile games were going to be targeted to us? That's what they have consoles for.

Trust me, buddy: it sounds lame to all the people who already play games on phones and aren't waiting around counting down the days for Nintendo to put out 'Miitomo.'

"Oooh, mommy! Mommy! Look! An app with an unpronouncable weird name that lets me find out more about that weird old guy who always waits by the bus stop! Can I download it? Can I stop playing Minecraft/racing game/countless already successful mobile games to play this?"

Or the lady on the bus who plays word search/crystal matching games all the time anyway and has for years... she isn't counting down the days til Miitomo.

It will interest precisely the hardcore Nintendo fans who are making excuses for it: and even then, probably only until after they give it a shot.

"Ohh, but maybe they will add in NEW games that you can play THROUGH Miitomo that are actual games one day!"

Sure: and then it isn't Miitomo you give a crap about at all, but the hypothetical games where the draw is they are NOT Miitomo.

And the last time Nintendo did something like that ON a console, it was Wii Party U and it sucked.

Why would this suddenly be magically good?

VitroBahllee said:
bowserthedog said:

Right..  But it's Nintendo being Nintendo. The average investor isn't well educated towards the way Nintendo does this. It doesn't matter if they do things the way investors wants. Next year when they start announceing the revenue they are getting from mobile investors will heavily purchase nintendo stock.

Yes, because diehard Nintendo fans who buy $50 games three times a year know WAY more about how the company operates than people putting tens of thousands of dollars into the company. 

Well  In my case I'm both.  I'm both a Nintendo fan and I'm also an investor in Nintendo.  And i will say that out of all the companies I invest in the one investment i'm most confident in is with Nintendo. Do some research on how to invest in stocks. One of that biggest factors is that you should invest in companies which you really understand what they do and how they make money.  Obviously you would have to believe that company is going to grow but that would be true with any investment. The biggest reason to invest in companies you understand is confidence. If you don't have a good understanding of the company you will likely make irrational decisions and perhaps sell off stock on one peice of bad news because you're not knowledgable enough in the company to filter through the news that will not matter 3 months from now or a year from now.  When the news hit about the delay of mobile i waited for the stock to find it's bottom and was confident to purchase more stocks at discounted rate. The stock is now up 9/10% since it dropped on the mobile delay news. I recentely predicted on here that by the end of the year the stock would recover at least 10% of it's value.

Around the Network
VitroBahllee said:
SpokenTruth said:
VitroBahllee said:
SpokenTruth said:

So, you're calling an event that is still ~5 months away as being botched simply because it was delayed to that point and all we know about it so far is a mobile version of a combination of the very successful Street Pass/Tomodatchi series?

And that had they released that last week, it would not have been botched?

It's a game that uses Miis so that you can enter prepackaged comments about stuff you like to do as an ice breaker.  If you don't think that sounds lame, I don't know what to tell you.

We're core gamers.  That's going to sound lame to  us.

Did you really think these mobile games were going to be targeted to us? That's what they have consoles for.

Trust me, buddy: it sounds lame to all the people who already play games on phones and aren't waiting around counting down the days for Nintendo to put out 'Miitomo.'

"Oooh, mommy! Mommy! Look! An app with an unpronouncable weird name that lets me find out more about that weird old guy who always waits by the bus stop! Can I download it? Can I stop playing Minecraft/racing game/countless already successful mobile games to play this?"

Or the lady on the bus who plays word search/crystal matching games all the time anyway and has for years... she isn't counting down the days til Miitomo.

It will interest precisely the hardcore Nintendo fans who are making excuses for it: and even then, probably only until after they give it a shot.

"Ohh, but maybe they will add in NEW games that you can play THROUGH Miitomo that are actual games one day!"

Sure: and then it isn't Miitomo you give a crap about at all, but the hypothetical games where the draw is they are NOT Miitomo.

And the last time Nintendo did something like that ON a console, it was Wii Party U and it sucked.

Why would this suddenly be magically good?

The last time Nintendo did something like this on a dedicated gaming machine it was Tomodauchi Life and it made Nintendo hundreds of millions. However, as an investor i'm not placing all of my bullish sentiment on Miitomo.  I have an apple tv and i have an iphone. I know that to this demographic Nintendo will do amazingly well. Yes they might have a "wii music" that fails but Nintendo will also have wii sports and wii fit type of successes as well not to mention Brain Age and Nintendogs. Games that people thought would never have any success outside of Japan but did. Note that i'm not saying they will literally have these ips but these type of games that people will at first think will only be a success in japan.

Nintendo is going to try and innovate with their titles. But lets face it. They wouldn't even need to do that to make big money on mobile. Most of the hit games are generic versions of other games and if Nintendo just did the same thing (that everyone is already doing) and put mario in it they would have a liscense to print money. Instead of Jetpack Joyride Imagine a free to play Waterpack Mario game along the same vein as Jetpack joyride. It would make a lot of money.  With their strategy of innovating though what you'll see is a lower success rate but the successes they do have will be much much richer than the successes they would have with copycat games.   Me and two gaming buddies of mine (who are both Sony guys) are in agreement that Oceanhorn is the best game on Apple tv right now save for the cheap fun that can be had with Crossy Road.  It's a Zelda Clone and quite a profitable venture. There's also another game that rips of Metroid which looks really bad. the point i'm making is the indie dev's know that even reminding people of a Nintendo franchise is profitable. When Nintendo delivers Nintendo IP with Nintendo quality they are going to rake in money on mobile.

Well they gained 80% and now decreased to around 20%, the company is still very healthy.

peterdavid12345 said:
Well they gained 80% and now decreased to around 20%, the company is still very healthy.

Right. And since going down 20% it has gone up 9%.

Pretty sure investors are waiting to see Pokemon mobile and other interesting games with mass potential, not delayed account systems and Miitomo.

My 8th gen collection

bowserthedog said:
peterdavid12345 said:

Right. And since going down 20% it has gone up 9%.

Indeed. And despite the 'oh so sensational' drop last week, it still closed higher than on September 29th on the Tokyo markets, and higher than on March 19, which was the day it soared after the announcement of the DeNA partnership.