By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Experience 2015 Thread - It's over.

Tagged games:

Angelv577 said:
FF7R is gonna piss some fans off due to the fighting combat not being turn based.

Eh they can be pissed off, the original is always there for them... even on PS4 now

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
Angelv577 said:
FF7R is gonna piss some fans off due to the fighting combat not being turn based.

Eh they can be pissed off, the original is always there for them... even on PS4 now

Well said!

Did Sony really need 4 conferences this year is what i am asking myself at this point

I thought Bend would at least be there, but then there was some information earlier this year that their new IP only went into full on production at the beginning of this year (not sure I believe that).
I just think that with everything Sony have already announced for 2016 that they don't need much, if anything more for 2016 and what's the point in revealing Fall 2016 games or stuff for 2017, when you can spend a good few months more on those future titles and have tonnes more from Fall 2016 through to mid 2017.

I was shocked to not see anything of TLG, RIGS (though I think that will be playable in booths for people).
Sony seems to like people keeping people questioning what's coming and they're not ready to give all of the answers yet.

Was nice to see new Ratchet & Clank gameplay, the game's coming on April 12th I believe, that SF5 and Uncharted 4 for early 2016 is awesome.

GDC will probably be where we learn new stuff on Horizon, TLG, Dreams, GT: Sport and anything else from 1st party, coming in 2016. Then maybe Sucker Punch, Bend and Santa Monica will announce their big new AAA stuff at E3.

I don't think this was Sony's best conference, but there was some good stuff in there, it was just a lot to live up to compared to E3, Paris and TGS, because those all had huge announcements in them.
Nino Kuni 2 was really nice, I loved Eagle Flight, Golom, the FF7: Remake gameplay looks stunning and Uncharted 4 was ridiculously good look, with a nice bit of Narrative/Diologue to explain the dynamic between Drake and his Brother.

I would say my highlight was finally getting a release date for Ratchet & Clank, it looks awesome, tonnes of fun, will be a day one buy for me in April, a little while after my Birthday.
I think Sony did deliver and they've already shown why PS4 is going to be amazing for new big exclusives in 2016.

ktay95 said:
Angelv577 said:

True.  I'm more than happy with the changes but I guess I'm in the minorities.  Turn based combat isn't my thing .

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
Angelv577 said:

Exactly. This argument alone negates 90% of the complaints.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

patronmacabre said:
ktay95 said:

Team Ico - TLG
Sony Japan (Team Gravity) - Gravity Daze 2
Polyphony - GT Sport
Naughty Dog - UC4
Bend - ???
San Diego - MLB
SSM - ???
Sucker Punch - Just had Infamous not too long back
Evolution - Driveclub
Guerilla - Horizon
Cambridge - RIGS
London - Street Luge (VR)
North West - Some VR game
MM - Dreams

So yeah... I dont know what your after exactly

Bend is working on a survival horror game and Sucker Punch is working on an RPG that's not inFamous.

Since when has anyone from either Sony or Sucker Punch stated that to be the case?
Did someone legit like Shinobi leak that? TBH Infamous Second Son sold and reviewed really well, so I'm not sure I buy that unless Shinobi or maybe Verendus on Neogaf said it.

Hmm, they're saying the Paragon trailer wasn't CG, guess we'll know more Epic is bringing Paragon to the livestream next.

BasilZero said:
Angelv577 said:

True.  I'm more than happy with the changes but I guess I'm in the minorities.  Turn based combat isn't my thing .

I'm a huge fan of turn based RPGs too but I welcome this change.

If I wanted - I can play the original on PS1 or like I'm doing right now play it on Steam :D

I welcome these changes and cant wait to see more footage - looks fantastic!

That's true.  FF7 remaster will also be on ps4 but for me, as much as I want to get into some games, I can't because it is turn based.  knowing now that it is ARPG, I'm more than happy to get into it plus it looks awesome.  I think I'm more excited for FF7R than FF15 now.

Glad to hear Joe Hisaishi is working in Ni No Kuni 2!