By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US November monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion.

GribbleGrunger said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

No problem. As for your $299 ps4 prediction, I doubt it as Sony was already bundling the last of us and destiny way before the price cut. 

It's an interesting theory but they don't need to go any further. Chances are they already have close to 450-500k sold for November with the Star Wars and cod bundle pre orders. 

Just think about it as flexible strategy. By adding a game and selling the console for $350 it is and has been assumed the price drop was $50. That assumption has prevailed and as far as I can see only I've considered the possibility that it's actually a $100 price drop + game. This leaves the door open for a second move if Sony so wish. IF the preception of a $50 price drop drives sales enough to meet the fiscal year target then there's no point in revealing the true price. If Sony feel they need an extra boost then they'll just release a bundle with a game for $300. We've already seen two retailers doing this. We may never find out whether I'm right because the PS4 is selling very well. There isn't one single statement from Sony saying they've dropped the price by $50.

Well for North America, they wrote on the official ps blog announcing the price cut as just in time for the holidays last month. I assume that's the only statement that needs to be said. 

Around the Network
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Well for North America, they wrote on the official ps blog announcing the price cut as just in time for the holidays last month. I assume that's the only statement that needs to be said. 

But look at the wording of the headline that went with the announcement. I actually saw it on N4Gs and didn't even bother clicking on it until I saw someone mention it on Gaf.

PS4: Big Holiday Lineup, Lower Cost

And this is how they describe it:

'If you haven’t made the jump yet, and you’re starting early on your holiday wish list, I have good news – we’re dropping the price of the PlayStation 4 system in the U.S. and Canada. Starting tomorrow, October 9, you’ll be able to pick up PS4 starting at the new price of $349.99 USD / $429.99 CAD (MSRP).'

It's very carefully worded.

The PS5 Exists. 

3 hours since the last update:

#14 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (up 2)
#18 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (down 1)
#23 PS4 Star Wars Bundle (up 1)
#28 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 4)
#36 XB1 Halo Bundle (up 2)
#38 XB1 Fallout bundle (up 11)
#69 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 20)
#70 XB1 Kinect Bundle (up 3)
#83 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 4)
#86 XB1 Madden Bundle (down 6)
#93 XB1 Forza Bundle (down 7)
#97 PS4 Destiny Bundle (re-entry)

PS4 - 5 bundles, 5 in the top 100 (plus standalone)
XB1 - 15 bundles, 6 in the top 100

The PS5 Exists. 

anything special happen to the fallout bundle besides coming out soon that made it rise so much?

X1 bundle going up thanks to 50$ credit/voucher

Around the Network

3 hours since the last update:

#12 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (up 2)
#20 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (down 2)
#23 PS4 Star Wars Bundle (same)
#30 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (down 2)
#34 XB1 Halo Bundle (up 2)
#40 XB1 Fallout bundle (down 2)
#67 XB1 Kinect Bundle (up 3)
#76 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 7)
#78 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 4)
#94 PS4 Destiny Bundle (up 3)
#95 XB1 Forza Bundle (down 2)

PS4 - 5 bundles, 5 in the top 100 (plus standalone)
XB1 - 15 bundles, 5 in the top 100

The PS5 Exists. 

TheObserver said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Lol, this is true. But it should give some idea just how well it's selling. 

I'd say yes, If we use the VGC numbers just as a rough estimation guide.

GTAV has sold around 700k units in USA this year and it's number 18on Amazon , Bloodborne has sold around 600k and it's number 20.

So I'd say Halo has passed them in the US easily, and it's not surprising, Halo 3 sold over 2.4 million in the USA during it's opening week.

Infact I'd say Halo 5 numbers might be a lot lower than Halo 3 and even Halo 4 based on this.

Are those just X1 sales or combined sales?

Seems MS is starting already. There's $50 gift cards at Amazon, Bestbuy, and Target. Don't think it'll have a big effect like last year. PS4's price drop plus COD and SW bundles are too big to stop. Also i think this confirms there will be no price drop fire sale. They would have announced it already too. Instead, they're going to rely on black friday deals.

Doesn't say how long these GC will last.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

This should be an interesting month... Will be following Tomb Raider and Fallout closely.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
CosmicSex said:
where is the promotions for Tomb Raider? I haven't heard anything from this game for a while now.

That game is a year away I heard. But they are coming out with a beta version in two weeks. 

LOL