By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US November monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion.

tomorrow is NPD btw, will be very interesting to see how the results come out and how they compare to amazon.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:

black friday is still the biggest contributor to sales this month. the two Starwars bundle will be pretty big, and the CoD bundle will do pretty good numbers as well. PS3 sold 500k consoles in black friday week in 2012, and it wasnt even the leading console. that was the 360 with 700k. how much is each bundle going to sell the entire month? last years XB1 CoD bundle sold 200k. we should expect similar numbers to PS4 CoD bundle.

Destiny, with 3 months of pre-orders and massive Destiny hype sold 300k the entire month. huge numbers, but still BF is bigger. 

but as i said before, Sony only needs to drop the price of the SW bundle to 299$ and they would sell a shit ton. maybe even bundle a game like infamous or until dawn.

Bundled games are inevitable on Black Friday, and like I keep saying (sorry to bang on about it), I think the price is already $300 for the PS4 but it's being hidden under the bundles. I don't think Sony will lose as much money as people think if they offer Star Wars/Black Ops Bundles with TLOUR + Uncharted Collection + 'bonus game of the vender's choice'. I think Sony will win Black Friday on top of winning the month.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
bananaking21 said:

black friday is still the biggest contributor to sales this month. the two Starwars bundle will be pretty big, and the CoD bundle will do pretty good numbers as well. PS3 sold 500k consoles in black friday week in 2012, and it wasnt even the leading console. that was the 360 with 700k. how much is each bundle going to sell the entire month? last years XB1 CoD bundle sold 200k. we should expect similar numbers to PS4 CoD bundle.

Destiny, with 3 months of pre-orders and massive Destiny hype sold 300k the entire month. huge numbers, but still BF is bigger. 

but as i said before, Sony only needs to drop the price of the SW bundle to 299$ and they would sell a shit ton. maybe even bundle a game like infamous or until dawn.

Bundled games are inevitable on Black Friday, and like I keep saying (sorry to bang on about it), I think the price is already $300 for the PS4 but it's being hidden under the bundles. I don't think Sony will lose as much money as people think if they offer Star Wars/Black Ops Bundles with TLOUR + Uncharted Collection + 'bonus game of the vender's choice'.

The PS4 was profitable since mid last year on a hardware bases. they went on to ship over 23 million units since then. and its been a year and a half since they started making a profit at 400$. im sure manufacruting costs went down a lot, and component pricing decreased with time. and since they order a lot, economy of scale takes a play and makes things even cheaper. 

i would think they are profitable at 350$ with Starwars bundles in, actually i would say they are easily profitable with that. since its a download code, so they save on manufacturing and shipping, and the SE game would be in for a decreased cost since thats how bundles work.

at 299$ on black friday with an extra game or so. i think they would break even or be slighty profitable, even with an extra game thrown in. 

2 hours after last update:

#10 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (up 2)
#14 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (down 1)
#19 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (same)
#20 XB1 Fallout Bundle (same)
#21 PS4 Star Wars LE Bundle (up 1)
#45 XB1 Gears Bundle (same)
#67 XB1 Madden Bundle (down 1)
#87 XB1 Halo Bundle (down 6)
#93 XB1 Three Games Bundle (same)
#98 N3DS (re-entry)

PS4 - 6 bundles, 4 in the top 100
XB1 - 12 bundles, 5 in the top 100

The Gears Bundle now costs $337 and includes Forza 5.
The Madden Bundle now costs $382 and includes Forza 5
The $350 Nathan Drake + ACS Bundle now comes with FF Type O

Edit: Yes, Bananaking, I think we're more or less on the same page. Interesting times.

The PS5 Exists. 

Man that BO3 bundle just won't quit. It's still hovering around the top 10 days after the game launched. Compared to Halo 5 which started to drop quite quickly after it launched the BO3 bundle is really doing the job for Sony. The Battlefront bundles are now starting to make a pre-launch surge.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

PS4 has 4 consoles in the top 20. daaayyyuuummmm.

Sony is not taking any prisoners holy shit...

People claiming that Sony wasnt agressive enough last holidays, well...there you have it. It is a fucking bloodbath over there.

In fact, i would say that Micrososft is the one playing it relatively safe this year. The bundles and deals have been great, but i havent seen anything like "Buy an Xbox One and get a 40" TV and 3 Games for FREE" kind of deal.

bananaking21 said:
tomorrow is NPD btw, will be very interesting to see how the results come out and how they compare to amazon.

Lol os many things tomorrow. BC for x1 nintendo direct npd ufc game annoucement by ea.

#11 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (down 1)
#14 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)
#17 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 2)
#20 PS4 Star Wars LE Bundle (up 1)
#21 XB1 Fallout Bundle (down 1)
#46 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 1)
#71 XB1 Madden Bundle (down 4)
#88 XB1 Halo Bundle (down 1)
#96 XB1 Three Games Bundle (down 3)

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

#11 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (down 1)
#14 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)
#17 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 2)
#20 PS4 Star Wars LE Bundle (up 1)
#21 XB1 Fallout Bundle (down 1)
#46 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 1)
#71 XB1 Madden Bundle (down 4)
#88 XB1 Halo Bundle (down 1)
#96 XB1 Three Games Bundle (down 3)

Four sku's in the Top 20 is fucking nuts!!!