By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US November monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion.

celador said:
^^ Doesn't surprise me. Halo 5 plus lots of preorders for bundles releasing in October was always going to be very difficult to overcome, even with a price cut. Big question now is by how much did the X1 win. Less than 50k would barely be a victory worth celebrating.

Less than 100k would barely be a victory IMO because Sony won by 60k last month. If MS are going to take Christmas then they at least need to make up that 60k ground and then some.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
celador said:
^^ Doesn't surprise me. Halo 5 plus lots of preorders for bundles releasing in October was always going to be very difficult to overcome, even with a price cut. Big question now is by how much did the X1 win. Less than 50k would barely be a victory worth celebrating.

Less than 100k would barely be a victory IMO because Sony won by 60k last month. If MS are going to take Christmas then they at least need to make up that 60k ground and then some.

Yeah, less than 100k would not exactly be impressive, though I'm sure that is not how MS would treat it publicly. 

I'm assuming this guy is legit, so it's a shame the result has been ruined for tomorrow, but oh well. Hopefully sales for both are high.

celador said:

Yeah, less than 100k would not exactly be impressive, though I'm sure that is not how MS would treat it publicly. 

I'm assuming this guy is legit, so it's a shame the result has been ruined for tomorrow, but oh well. Hopefully sales for both are high.

I'm not sure how to interpret what he's said to be honest:

'Xbox is winning. I have heard from my neural network.'

First thing I noticed was he used the word 'winning' which should really be 'won' and the second thing is he says 'neural network'. It could easily be taken as sarcasm as much as a legitimate comment.

The PS5 Exists. 

Oh snap! All 4 ps4 bundles in the top 20!

Never seen this many consoles in the top 20 before. And this, despite so many massive, high selling games out now makes it even more insane!

GribbleGrunger said:
celador said:

I'm not sure how to interpret what he's said to be honest:

'Xbox is winning. I have heard from my neural network.'

First thing I noticed was he used the word 'winning' which should really be 'won' and the second thing is he says 'neural network'. It could easily be taken as sarcasm as much as a legitimate comment.

Yeah I'm not sure myself. I mean, initially I thought he was messing around with his 'neural network' comment. But then the few responses to his comment afterwards seemed to take it seriously. 

Around the Network

It's Y2Kev.. He's trolling, he doesn't have the info

Kev's baiting people all the way from GAF. LOL

3 hours after last update:

#10 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (up 1)
#14 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)
#16 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 1)
#20 PS4 Star Wars LE Bundle (same)
#21 XB1 Fallout Bundle (same)
#47 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 1)
#76 XB1 Madden Bundle (down 5)
#88 XB1 Halo Bundle (same)
#98 XB1 Three Games Bundle (down 2)

PS4 - 6 bundles, 4 in the top 100
XB1 - 12 bundles, 5 in the top 100

The Gears Bundle now costs $337 and includes Forza 5.
The Madden Bundle now costs $382 and includes Forza 5
The $350 Nathan Drake + ACS Bundle now comes with FF Type O

The PS5 Exists. 

Gamestop is also looking nice.

#3 Ps4 NDC plus FO4 (highest I've ever seen a console on these charts)
#10 Ps4 NDC
#11 XBO elite
#31 ps4 BO3
#39 ps4 SW LE
#42 XBO FO4
#47 XBO GeoW
#70 ps4 SW $349

Burek said:
SWORDF1SH said:

You could be right but I just can't see it. 200k for the first 3 weeks is beyond a flop. I kinda agree with your analysis but it's stuff like in your analysis that lead me to my prediction of very average sales. 

If 200k does happen, that would be insane, a bigger flop than Evolve. The biggest flop in a while.

Why is it improbable to be a bigger flop than Evolve? Evolve released with no competition at all, it was actually the very first game released in EU in 2015, second in the US (Dying Light). It then had very little exclusive competition from The Order the following week. It also released on a system with a bigger install base.

TR has nothing like that in its favor: fierce competition, a very strong exclusive brand sharing the platform (Halo), two of the most recognizable brands worldwide releasing around it (CoD, Star Wars), smaller install base (no revenue from a ~30 million install base).

Evolve even had a significantly larger marketing push.

Maybe TR will actually manage to sell well, but it is far from being a sure thing that it will launch better than Evolve.

I think it's unlikely but I also respect your opinion. For me it doesn't matter how many big games their are, 200k (3 weeks sales) for Tomb Raider released in the holiday period just seems way too low. Of course big releases will reduce sales but we are talking about a period were the Xbox One can sell around 1M consoles and millions of software will be sold on a weekly basis. COD, Fallout, Star Wars and even Halo will take the bulk of the sales but this doens't mean that TR as to flop as bad as you say.

Can Tomb Raider flop as hard as you say, sure. Not doubting it can happen, it's just insane if it does. It's just our opinions at the end of the day. You hold more weight to some factors than I do and vice versa.