By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US November monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion.

1 hours after last update:

#12 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (down 1)
#13 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (up 1)
#19 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 2)
#20 XB1 Fallout Bundle (same)
#22 PS4 Star Wars LE Bundle (up 3)
#45 XB1 Gears Bundle (same)
#66 XB1 Madden Bundle (up 3)
#81 XB1 Halo Bundle (down 1)
#93 XB1 Three Games Bundle (same)

PS4 - 6 bundles, 4 in the top 100
XB1 - 12 bundles, 5 in the top 100

The Gears Bundle now costs $337 and includes Forza 5.
The Madden Bundle now costs $382 and includes Forza 5
The $350 Nathan Drake + ACS Bundle now comes with FF Type O

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
Frank_kc said:
Not sure how people are getting those really high numbers for ROTR. I can say that it would make no more than 250K on both platforms (XBone and 360). Just remember when the game is coming out, just after release of Halo5, COD, and same day as fallout 4 and 10 days before the release of star wars game. Not many people can afford to buy all those games, but out of that list, I can see ROTR as the least favorite in the priority list compared to mega franchises.

So you think about 200k for ROTTR  on XB1 for the 3 weeks of November.

That would mean that week one would be about 130k on XB1. That is extremely low. We are talking Evolve level of flop here.

I would say yes based on my provided analysis and based on game sales history on Xbox plattfom. I dont see much hype about the game and i dont see it firing up on retailer sales chart.I dont even think it will make NPD top 10 games for November.

Frank_kc said:
SWORDF1SH said:
Frank_kc said:
Not sure how people are getting those really high numbers for ROTR. I can say that it would make no more than 250K on both platforms (XBone and 360). Just remember when the game is coming out, just after release of Halo5, COD, and same day as fallout 4 and 10 days before the release of star wars game. Not many people can afford to buy all those games, but out of that list, I can see ROTR as the least favorite in the priority list compared to mega franchises.

That would mean that week one would be about 130k on XB1. That is extremely low. We are talking Evolve level of flop here.

I would say yes based on my provided analysis and based on game sales history on Xbox plattfom. I dont see much hype about the game and i dont see it firing up on retailer sales chart.I dont even think it will make NPD top 10 games for November.

I agree,it will be nowhere near the top 10.The demand just is not there and TR fans are on PS4.

GribbleGrunger said:

#12 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (down 1)
#13 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (up 1)
#19 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 2)
#22 PS4 Star Wars LE Bundle (up 3)

Almost 4 bundles in the top 20

SWORDF1SH said:

Yes, this month is going to be huge for the PS4 regardless of what people say about Black Friday.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Frank_kc said:
SWORDF1SH said:
Frank_kc said:

You could be right but I just can't see it. 200k for the first 3 weeks is beyond a flop. I kinda agree with your analysis but it's stuff like in your analysis that lead me to my prediction of very average sales. 

If 200k does happen, that would be insane, a bigger flop than Evolve. The biggest flop in a while.

GribbleGrunger said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Yes, this month is going to be huge for the PS4 regardless of what people say about Black Friday.

BF has the biggest chunk of sales for the month, MS still have ammo e.g. $400 Halo LE bundle would shitf a ton.

But PS4 certainly has the edge going into it.

SWORDF1SH said:

You could be right but I just can't see it. 200k for the first 3 weeks is beyond a flop. I kinda agree with your analysis but it's stuff like in your analysis that lead me to my prediction of very average sales. 

If 200k does happen, that would be insane, a bigger flop than Evolve. The biggest flop in a while.

Why is it improbable to be a bigger flop than Evolve? Evolve released with no competition at all, it was actually the very first game released in EU in 2015, second in the US (Dying Light). It then had very little exclusive competition from The Order the following week. It also released on a system with a bigger install base.

TR has nothing like that in its favor: fierce competition, a very strong exclusive brand sharing the platform (Halo), two of the most recognizable brands worldwide releasing around it (CoD, Star Wars), smaller install base (no revenue from a ~30 million install base).

Evolve even had a significantly larger marketing push.

Maybe TR will actually manage to sell well, but it is far from being a sure thing that it will launch better than Evolve.

SWORDF1SH said:

BF has the biggest chunk of sales for the month, MS still have ammo e.g. $400 Halo LE bundle would shitf a ton.

But PS4 certainly has the edge going into it.

The trouble is, people seem to be avaluating Black Friday in an artificial vacuum as if Sony won't have great deals for the PS4 too. We've had two months of preorders for the biggest two bundles this month, sales of one already this month and sales of another coming soon, to add to those preorders. Then you factor in the people who are looking for a console for Christmas (more likely the PS4) and Sony deals on both Black Friday and Cyber Monday. The PS4 has this month easily. The Star Wars movie releases in December so I'm expecting a further boost to the PS4 Star Wars Bundle and a likely win for the PS4 in December too.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
SWORDF1SH said:

black friday is still the biggest contributor to sales this month. the two Starwars bundle will be pretty big, and the CoD bundle will do pretty good numbers as well. PS3 sold 500k consoles in black friday week in 2012, and it wasnt even the leading console. that was the 360 with 700k. how much is each bundle going to sell the entire month? last years XB1 CoD bundle sold 200k. we should expect similar numbers to PS4 CoD bundle.

Destiny, with 3 months of pre-orders and massive Destiny hype sold 300k the entire month. huge numbers, but still BF is bigger. 

but as i said before, Sony only needs to drop the price of the SW bundle to 299$ and they would sell a shit ton. maybe even bundle a game like infamous or until dawn.