By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US November monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion.

This is the first time I heard of an ROTTR bundle.  That's crazy.

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
What would you guess be for Tomb Raider in November NPD?
400k and 5th in the all formats list behind Blops, Star wars, Fallout and Halo would be my rough guess.

No way is it going to be 5th. I think it will be a miracle if it even charts. Also ahead of TR: Need for Speed, NBA 2K, Assassin's Creed, maybe even Madden, and whatever game Nintendo has coming out.

Burek said:
SWORDF1SH said:
400k and 5th in the all formats list behind Blops, Star wars, Fallout and Halo would be my rough guess.

No way is it going to be 5th. I think it will be a miracle if it even charts. Also ahead of TR: Need for Speed, NBA 2K, Assassin's Creed, maybe even Madden, and whatever game Nintendo has coming out.

I don't know. NBA 2K16 maybe but Need for Speed and Assassin's Creed look like they will flop a lot harder.

SWORDF1SH said:
mornelithe said:
SWORDF1SH said:

As annoyed as I am with the Timed Exclusivity, I sincerely hope it opens with more than 400K, and really hope it has legs.

If it does sell 400k on XB1 maybe another 100k max for the 360. As for legs, Tomb Raider on the 360 first week sales were a third of LTD. So If Nov NPD  for ROTTR is around 400k (XB1), that would mean first week of around 300k (week 1 300k, week 2 75k. week 3 40k) that would mean a LTD of around 900k in the US.

I think you're HIGHLY overestimating TR's demand on XB1.

The last game sold a little over 300k in it's first month on 360 which had a 40+ million install base in US at the time.

The Definitive Edition sold a total of 200k on XB1. And bundles don't help these games the XB1 owners simply don't care for.

Look at Sunset Overdrive, it got the first white XB1 as an incentive and that game still hasn't sold a million units over a year later.

ROTR will struggle to sell 200k for November NPD.

TheObserver said:
SWORDF1SH said:
mornelithe said:
SWORDF1SH said:

As annoyed as I am with the Timed Exclusivity, I sincerely hope it opens with more than 400K, and really hope it has legs.

If it does sell 400k on XB1 maybe another 100k max for the 360. As for legs, Tomb Raider on the 360 first week sales were a third of LTD. So If Nov NPD  for ROTTR is around 400k (XB1), that would mean first week of around 300k (week 1 300k, week 2 75k. week 3 40k) that would mean a LTD of around 900k in the US.

I think you're HIGHLY overestimating TR's demand on XB1.

The last game sold a little over 300k in it's first month on 360 which had a 40+ million install base in US at the time.

The Definitive Edition sold a total of 200k on XB1. And bundles don't help these games the XB1 owners simply don't care for.

Look at Sunset Overdrive, it got the first white XB1 as an incentive and that game still hasn't sold a million units over a year later.

ROTR will struggle to sell 200k for November NPD.

Maybe I am but I'm going to stick with 400k.

Don't you think 200k is a little low? You mentioned Sunset Overdrive, that sold over 200k in 3 weeks to half the of what US install base it has now and that was a new IP and considered a flop.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is coming off the back of a good reboot and receiving postitive reviews. 400k will still be considered a flop but I just can't see it flopping as hard as you think it will

Around the Network

Not sure how people are getting those really high numbers for ROTR. I can say that it would make no more than 250K on both platforms (XBone and 360). Just remember when the game is coming out, just after release of Halo5, COD, and same day as fallout 4 and 10 days before the release of star wars game. Not many people can afford to buy all those games, but out of that list, I can see ROTR as the least favorite in the priority list compared to mega franchises.

5 hours after last update

#11 PS4 Black Ops Bundle 
(up 3)
#15 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (up 7)
#20 XB1 Fallout Bundle (up 3)
#21 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 3)
#25 PS4 Star Wars LE Bundle (Down 1)
#45 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 2)
#69 XB1 Madden Bundle (up 1)
#80 XB1 Halo Bundle (up 6)
#93 XB1 Three Games Bundle (up 5)

Frank_kc said:
Not sure how people are getting those really high numbers for ROTR. I can say that it would make no more than 250K on both platforms (XBone and 360). Just remember when the game is coming out, just after release of Halo5, COD, and same day as fallout 4 and 10 days before the release of star wars game. Not many people can afford to buy all those games, but out of that list, I can see ROTR as the least favorite in the priority list compared to mega franchises.

So you think about 200k for ROTTR  on XB1 for the 3 weeks of November.

That would mean that week one would be about 130k on XB1. That is extremely low. We are talking Evolve level of flop here.

Man TR had maxed out at #17 from what I saw. It has since progressively fallen down the charts. Currently at #24. Not looking good.

Abun said:
jason1637 said:

Also 1.5m in the he US and 500k ww so 2million ltd and 400k ltd on 360. Now i know you think this prediction is to high but i think microsoft is going to give this the the ACU treatment and i think the game will have good legs.

You are way too optimistic.This game won't sell 500,000 total on Xbox and barely 1mil when it releases on the other platforms.The hype will be gone (not that it is high to begin with) and other games will continue to take all the attention.Forza is not selling that well,but you think a game that has sold less on Xbox in history will do great?lol

All his sale predictions are what we consider "optimistic".