By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US November monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion.

CosmicSex said:
Qermity said:

TR is falling....WTH lol

Tomb Raider is probably a good game.  But its hype is manufactured.   Fallout 4 will probably outsell it by an order of magnitude.   People wanted Fallout. Microsoft told people the wanted Tomb Raider.   I hope it sells better than Forza though. 

Getting serious deja vu, back from before Evolve launched. Every big site running multiple stories and very few comments below.... utter apathy.

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
Qermity said:

TR is falling....WTH lol

Tomb Raider is probably a good game.  But its hype is manufactured.   Fallout 4 will probably outsell it by an order of magnitude.   People wanted Fallout. Microsoft told people the wanted Tomb Raider.   I hope it sells better than Forza though. 

What the hell thus even mean? How do you know what people want or not?

TR is not a MP game. It can live with long legs. Besides, considering how big Hollydays sales are TR could fare better than many games released early this year.

The obsession here with XOne failure is assinane.

Dark_Feanor said:
CosmicSex said:

TR is not a MP game. It can live with long legs. Besides, considering how big Hollydays sales are TR could fare better than many games released early this year.

TR is going to flop and that's that.It has nothing to do with Xbox failure and the game would struggle being on the paltform that it would sell more on too.

Dark_Feanor said:
CosmicSex said:

I think people are actually talking about a *game* failure rather than XBO failure... you are the first to actually make that link.

It's been a general discussion for a while - how much would releasing TR on a single platform (the one that it sold less on previously) would hurt it. It's a valid conversation.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

SWORDF1SH said:
A_C_E said:

I'm not misunderstanding anything, I'm agreeing with you while correcting/extending the definition of YOUR slight misunderstanding. Spencer himself said MS is the publisher of the Xbox One/360 versions, he says that in part of the interview that you posted. Just because I offer a more in-depth explanation (a correct one btw) doesn't mean you have to be offended.

In all fairness, you're earlier post made it sound like MS weren't publishing the game at all. It's just a misunderstanding.

Yeah, I guess looking back on it I did make it sound like MS weren't publishing the game at all. I was just trying to go more in depth to alleviate the notion that MS was the reason this game exists.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
GribbleGrunger said:

7 hours after last update:

#10 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (same)
#19 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 3)
#25 PS4 Star Wars LE Bundle (up 4)
#27 PS4 Star Wars Srandard Bundle (up 3)
#28 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)
#38 XB1 Fallout Bundle (up 2)
#45 XB1 Three Games Bundle (down 3)
#49 XB1 Madden Bundle (down 2)
#76 XB1 Halo Bundle (up 8)
#100 XB1 Kinect Bundle (down 41)

PS4 - 5 bundles, 4 in the top 100 (Plus Standalone)
XB1 - 15 bundles, 6 in the top 100

I could have sworn the Star Wars bundle was out of stock but I think I've confused the release date with a restock date LOL.

Seems like you also forgot to edit the (down 41) from my post. It should have been (same), otherwise it would be at #141

What the hell?! LOL

The PS5 Exists. 

3 hours after last update:

#10 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (same)
#21 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 1)
#26 PS4 Star Wars LE Bundle (same)
#27 PS4 Star Wars Srandard Bundle (up 1)
#30 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (down 1)
#39 XB1 Fallout Bundle (down 1)
#43 XB1 Three Games Bundle (up 1)
#50 XB1 Madden Bundle (up 5)
#78 XB1 Halo Bundle (down 1)

PS4 - 5 bundles, 4 in the top 100
XB1 - 15 bundles, 5 in the top 100

The PS5 Exists. 

NDC slipping down the charts.

Won't be long before MGSV/Batman/Destiny/Ass Creed get added at no extra cost I would guess.

halo at a steady #9

Madword said:

I think people are actually talking about a *game* failure rather than XBO failure... you are the first to actually make that link.

It's been a general discussion for a while - how much would releasing TR on a single platform (the one that it sold less on previously) would hurt it. It's a valid conversation.

Most people here have also been very open about the absurd launch window: Tomb Raider is a big franchise, but it is going up against juggernauts. Regardless of system, it's up against Halo 5, Star Wars, Black Ops, Fallout, etc. It's the very same reason people have been calling the UC4 delay a potential blessing in disguise.