By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US November monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion.

A_C_E said:
plip.plop said:

What?!? No! what the hell?!? It was already confirmed that the PS4 would be getting the game a year from release date on the Xbox 1. I'm stating that MS helped with developmental cost (more that just marketing cost) and they are listed as the Publisher of the Game.

I also clarified my earlier post that comparing this to deal with Sony's Street Fighter 5 deal was wrong. Because Capcom seems to be the only company that keeps titles that have received outside funding to specific consoles with a PC release. Xbox1 got Dead rising 3, PS4 gets Street Fighter 5. 

MS is not the publisher of the game, they are the publisher of the Xbox One/360 versions meaning they are in control of the promotional proceedings and/or other rights as well.

MS is the publisher of the game. what is so hard to understand. I enjoy how everyone needs to throw there 2 cents into a clear cut comment, and spin it. Do I think MS will show up as the publisher on the Sony versions? No I dont, just like we all know MS owns Minecraft, but Sony is listed as the publisher for those versions. 

Im not commenting anymore on this, it has become redundant.

Around the Network
pitzy272 said:
Tomb Raider at #38 two days before launch. Yikes.

The same thing happened with Forza 6. It was around #45 when it launched and it was never higher.

plip.plop said:
A_C_E said:

MS is not the publisher of the game, they are the publisher of the Xbox One/360 versions meaning they are in control of the promotional proceedings and/or other rights as well.

MS is the publisher of the game. what is so hard to understand. I enjoy how everyone needs to throw there 2 cents into a clear cut comment, and spin it. Do I think MS will show up as the publisher on the Sony versions? No I dont, just like we all know MS owns Minecraft, but Sony is listed as the publisher for those versions. 

It's been known for a while that MS are publishers. But it's silly to presume that this game needed MS's money and "help" with development. The game is coming off the back of the hugely successfull 2013 reboot which by now has sold almost 9M. The deal is in place because SE saw a chance to maximise profit.

It's funny because some people were convinced it wasn't coming to PS4 because they held to much weight to what Greenberg said. Again probably said to mislead because people caught on to Spensers carefully places words of "Exclusive this holiday" at Gamescon '14. Also MS probably didn't have any direct involvement in development because I couldn't see it coming to PS4 if they did and at the minimum the PS4 version wouldn't of been announced until after launch of the Xbox One version.

plip.plop said:
A_C_E said:

I'm not misunderstanding anything, I'm agreeing with you while correcting/extending the definition of YOUR slight misunderstanding. Spencer himself said MS is the publisher of the Xbox One/360 versions, he says that in part of the interview that you posted. Just because I offer a more in-depth explanation (a correct one btw) doesn't mean you have to be offended.

A_C_E said:

I'm not misunderstanding anything, I'm agreeing with you while correcting/extending the definition of YOUR slight misunderstanding. Spencer himself said MS is the publisher of the Xbox One/360 versions, he says that in part of the interview that you posted. Just because I offer a more in-depth explanation (a correct one btw) doesn't mean you have to be offended.

In all fairness, you're earlier post made it sound like MS weren't publishing the game at all. It's just a misunderstanding.

Around the Network
pitzy272 said:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/thats-good.gif

AllThosePixels said:
pitzy272 said:

The same thing happened with Forza 6. It was around #45 when it launched and it was never higher.

And Forza 6 didn't sell well, it's obvious that Tomb Raider is going to be overlooked, sucks about the release date. I wonder if it was SE decision or Microsofts.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

plip.plop said:
DonFerrari said:

Are you in any way, shape or form saying ROTR won't release on PS4?

What?!? No! what the hell?!? It was already confirmed that the PS4 would be getting the game a year from release date on the Xbox 1. I'm stating that MS helped with developmental cost (more that just marketing cost) and they are listed as the Publisher of the Game.

I also clarified my earlier post that comparing this to deal with Sony's Street Fighter 5 deal was wrong. Because Capcom seems to be the only company that keeps titles that have received outside funding to specific consoles with a PC release. Xbox1 got Dead rising 3, PS4 gets Street Fighter 5. 

Ok so for the exclusiveness we already know.

We can't be sure of how much MS paid, that is undisclosed, but why would you think MS have paid for most of the development to have 1 year exclusiviness? Square have several FF and KH exclusive to PS4. So Capcom isn't the only one.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

7 hours after last update:

#10 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (same)
#19 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 3)
#25 PS4 Star Wars LE Bundle (up 4)
#27 PS4 Star Wars Srandard Bundle (up 3)
#28 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)
#38 XB1 Fallout Bundle (up 2)
#45 XB1 Three Games Bundle (down 3)
#49 XB1 Madden Bundle (down 2)
#76 XB1 Halo Bundle (up 8)
#100 XB1 Kinect Bundle (down 41)

PS4 - 5 bundles, 4 in the top 100 (Plus Standalone)
XB1 - 15 bundles, 6 in the top 100

I could have sworn the Star Wars bundle was out of stock but I think I've confused the release date with a restock date LOL.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

7 hours after last update:

#10 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (same)
#19 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 3)
#25 PS4 Star Wars LE Bundle (up 4)
#27 PS4 Star Wars Srandard Bundle (up 3)
#28 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)
#38 XB1 Fallout Bundle (up 2)
#45 XB1 Three Games Bundle (down 3)
#49 XB1 Madden Bundle (down 2)
#76 XB1 Halo Bundle (up 8)
#100 XB1 Kinect Bundle (down 41)

PS4 - 5 bundles, 4 in the top 100 (Plus Standalone)
XB1 - 15 bundles, 6 in the top 100

I could have sworn the Star Wars bundle was out of stock but I think I've confused the release date with a restock date LOL.

Now let's see the plummet after the Gears promotion ends.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."