By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US November monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion.

X1Gates is a great comedian.
With hat said it I don't think infoscout is reliable so i think ps4 will still have a solid 150-200k win this month.

Also it feels really good to see the Wii u in the top 10

Around the Network
poklane said:

Infoscout on Black Friday: The top console bundle pick this year was the Xbox One 500gb with Gears of War.

http://blog.infoscout.co/games-trump-console-sales-this-black-friday/

Well now, this is interesting. Last year Infoscout and Amazon agreed, this year they are definitely contradicting one another. Could this be the difference between online and in-store? Obviously infoscout only tells us about Black Friday, and technically Amazon doesn't tell us about Black Friday as they don't have a daily chart. But the weekly is as good as, since if 50% of November sales is BF weekend, 80% of BF week sales muyst be on BF weekend. 

For NPD Amazon is definitely what we should use as the indicator for NPD. But for BF it's really hard to know whether infoscout is more reliable than Amazon.

Amazon gives us 100% of sales from a single source. Infoscout gives us a fraction of sales from multiple sources. Retailer sharts will be a mix of online and in-store sales, right? Individual stores may run out of stock, but the retailer may have sufficient stock in warehouses to continue to sell online. Amazon, so people say, represents 5-6% of the market now. How much of the video game market does infoscout represent? they receive 300K receipts, but how many of those receipts has a video game console purchase?

Lol, X1Gates might be feeding us crow after all

AFAIK the only prior infoscout PR about console sales was PS4 was # product by revenue at Best Buy.  That doesn't come anywhere neart close to saying PS4 was the best selling console nation-wide.

Best clue we have I guess is Greenberg's tweet. The fact he tweeted means Xb one must have done pretty good, the fact he didn't claim a win means either PS4 won narrowly or it's too close to call. If PS4 had won big on BF I don;t think Greenberg would have tweeted anything. You look pretty dumb if you tweet something that suggests a close finish and it ends up your arse got kicked.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Seems it is going to be close. I just hope Sony can scrape past a million. MS need a big result given how much of their sales come from this market

GribbleGrunger said:
What about this though:

http://blog.infoscout.co/millennial-video-game-sales/

II mean they could technically be saying the greas bundle was the most purchased xbox bundle, which would make both articles viable.

the-pi-guy said:
Bryank75 said:

It is strange, they seem to be contradicting themselves. Saying PS4 was best seller on BF and then saying the Gears bundle was best selling bundle.....

Just because:

A>B>C>D>E>F

Doesn't mean that (below) can't be true.  

B+C+D> A+E+F

">They specifically say "the top pick", not "our top pick."

Indeed. On closer inspection there are many possible ways to interpret this. It could be that the Gears bundle is the #1 selling console sku nation-wide. It could also be that the Gears bundle was only the number 1 console sku at Target, and Infoscout has not actually announced a nation-wide winner yet. They announced previously that PS4 was number 1 by revenue at Best Buy. So they could be being retailer specific here too. They could also be saying that the best deal antion-wide was the Target Gears bundle deal, which basically got you a Xb one and Gears of War Ultimate for $239, and they may not be saying anything about which console or bundle sold best anywhere.

So there is too much ambiguity in what INfoscout has said to really come to any firm conclusion. We need more PR.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
Monthly updated
NDC #1
Gears #11

Yearly:
NDC #28
Gears #72

Holy Moses.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

the-pi-guy said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Yeah, it makes sense too use 'pick' and not just say XB1 won. It's far clearer this way ...

A couple things to consider.

1.) That "winning bundle" is only 1 specific bundle.  

1A.)  Considering how good that specific bundle is, it doesn't surprise me, that it would be ahead.  

1AA.)  Considering how many bundles there are, the information on 1 bundle doesn't give us a lot of information considering it's quality.  (Basically an XB gears bundle for 240$)

1AB.)  PS4 can easily be ahead when considering those other bundles.  

2.) Infoscout is not likely to include online retailers like Amazon.  

2A.) PS4 won greatly on Amazon.

2AA.)  PS4 Uncharted Physical - 1, XB1 Gears - 11, PS4 CoD - 24, XB1 Fallout- 31, Xbox Holiday - 36, PS4 SW - 39  is the top 40

3.)  They are saying that the top pick for consoles was the XB1 Gears bundle.  As in that was the one most bought.  

no. not for the bf weekend
all other xb1 bundles were way better compared to the ps4

1. xb1 has ALL! bundles reduced by $50. ps4 only the uncharted one
2. xb1 has way more different bundles compared to ps4
3. xb1 had more stock available

2008ProchargedGT said:
Holy shit on UC bundle being the top and i say again the top selling console for the YEAR on amazon!!!! That is freaking insane. What is amazons percentage oftotal console sales?

amazon was 6% of total marked back in end 2013 when the next gen consoles released
it's growig, but sill below 10% for sure

Dark_Feanor said:
Sony shares droped 2,15% today.

May be the Wall street internal reports are not that auspicious.

Information that can affect shares can't be internal in a way that can be considered unlawful advantage... so unless you have one ounce of evidence to support that, please provide or stop the FUD.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."