By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US November monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion.

DonFerrari said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Sony shares droped 2,15% today.

May be the Wall street internal reports are not that auspicious.

Information that can affect shares can't be internal in a way that can be considered unlawful advantage... so unless you have one ounce of evidence to support that, please provide or stop the FUD.

Well, well, well. I guess you have no idea how the stock market work.

Every body has internal reports. Anyone can make one and try to make any buy or sell decision based on market surveys.

You can hire a bunch of people and go store to store checking hardware filing reports on their retail stock and sell it for the best bid.

You can also make those numbers public, like VGChartz does. That is basicaly what NPD does.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
jonhalo said:

no. not for the bf weekend
all other xb1 bundles were way better compared to the ps4

1. xb1 has ALL! bundles reduced by $50. ps4 only the uncharted one
2. xb1 has way more different bundles compared to ps4
3. xb1 had more stock available

Yet Amazon has the PS4 well ahead.

what's your point?
ps4 is ahead at amazon, yes

that does not idicate the ps4 overall won the black friday weekend.
im still not sure who will win november npd, but im 100% certain xbox one won black friday.

different demographics, you know
ps4 is always ahead at amazon, because theire target audience fits more with the ps4 ones
but moms buy a console at walmart, when they shop other stuff

also amazon.com overall markeshare is below 10%

You have to accept positive X1 data when it comes. You have to consider all data. Still with everything I've seen, I'm sticking with a 300k to 400k win to PS4. But with new data I've gone from 90% sure to 75%. God I love npd this time of year.

jonhalo said:
the-pi-guy said:

Yet Amazon has the PS4 well ahead.

what's your point?
ps4 is ahead at amazon, yes

that does not idicate the ps4 overall won the black friday weekend.
im still not sure who will win november npd, but im 100% certain xbox one won black friday.

different demographics, you know
ps4 is always ahead at amazon, because theire target audience fits more with the ps4 ones
but moms buy a console at walmart, when they shop other stuff

also amazon.com overall markeshare is below 10%

Considering the marketshare for Sony, Nintendo and MS are pretty close in the middle age demographics according to infoscout, I say PS4 won cause Nintendo can't really have it good in the millenials where the sales probably are bigger.

SWORDF1SH said:
You have to accept positive X1 data when it comes. You have to consider all data. Still with everything I've seen, I'm sticking with a 300k to 400k win to PS4. But with new data I've gone from 90% sure to 75%. God I love npd this time of year.

I'm too confused now. We've had the same source saying the complete opposite in two articles in such an ambiguous way that neither actually give us any meaningful data concerning who won Black Friday overall.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
jonhalo said:

Snip.  

the-pi-guy said:

no. not for the bf weekend
all other xb1 bundles were way better compared to the ps4

1. xb1 has ALL! bundles reduced by $50. ps4 only the uncharted one
2. xb1 has way more different bundles compared to ps4
3. xb1 had more stock available

Well, if that is the case we only have to wait till Thursday week to get the solid info. 

3 hours since last update:

#01 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)
#03 WiiU Mario Kart Bundle (up 9)
#04 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 1)
#15 XB1 Three Games Bundle (up 3)
#19 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 3)
#60 3DS Mario Land Bundle (up 21)
#74 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (down 4)

PS4 - 4 bundles, 3 in the top 100
XB1 - 7 bundles, 2 in the top 100

XB1 Deals:
Gears Bundle ($300)
Halo Bundle ($450)
Kinect + Three Games ($456)
Three Games Bundle ($350)

PS4 Deals:
Nathan Drake Bundle ($300)
Nathan Drake + Star Wars ($359)
Nathan Drake + Fallout 4 ($359)

WiiU Deals:
WiiU Mario Kart ($250)

The PS5 Exists. 

This latest monthly chart must surely be the final chart for November in terms of capturing days covered by NPD. There will probably be one more update to cover Sunday and Monday, but they don't count for NPD. So the NPD die has been cast and Amazon gives a clear win to PS4 for November.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Hi guys, I just joined a few minutes ago. 

I wouldn't be surprised if MS edged out a slight win for BF, but I'm not certain how reliable this infoscout is. Yes, they analyze 100s of ks of shopping receipts, but if you look at the actual fine print on some of their articles, only a fraction of those may actually be towards the items they're talking about. 

Their analysis of 2014's Black Friday results, for example, references 180k receipts, but only 2k of those actually purchased games or consoles. 

I'll quote the article: "InfoScout panelists submitted 180k+ receipts over the course of Black Friday. Of the 180k receipts submitted, 2k receipts included a games-related purchase."

binary solo said:
This latest monthly chart must surely be the final chart for November in terms of capturing days covered by NPD. There will probably be one more update to cover Sunday and Monday, but they don't count for NPD. So the NPD die has been cast and Amazon gives a clear win to PS4 for November.

It probably ended with PS4 being at #5 monthly. We'll never know.