By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bloomberg: Nintendo Mobile Game Delay Triggers $4.5 Billion Drop in Value

midrange said:
Ljink96 said:
This is gonna be good. Nintendo knows what they're doing. I was furious at them too. Releasing some dumb Mii game. The nerve! But you need to understand that they're trying to reach a different crowd...the casuals. You don't anticipate the casuals, they just show up. They'll come running soon enough. And Nintendo will roll in the dough. Will hardcore fans like it? Heckey naw. But the casuals will eat it up.

The whole mobile crowd is casual. No hardcore gamer will play on a phone.

what Nintendo is doing now however, may not appeal to either given that it does not seem like a game as much as it does a companion/social app.

I'm too hardcore to give a shit about which platform I play on.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
midrange said:

The whole mobile crowd is casual. No hardcore gamer will play on a phone.

what Nintendo is doing now however, may not appeal to either given that it does not seem like a game as much as it does a companion/social app.

Cause fruit ninja on mobile is the exact same experience as skyrim on consoles right?

midrange said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Cause fruit ninja on mobile is the exact same experience as skyrim on consoles right?

Skyrim on Consoles is essentially cookie clicker to me, really bad example.

Besides why the fuck would I want the exact same experience playing different games? If I wanted that I would just stick to yearly editions of COD.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

midrange said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Yay another ignorant comment about mobile gaming only being things like Fruit Ninja

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
midrange said:

Yay another ignorant comment about mobile gaming only being things like Fruit Ninja

do you actually think that the same console experience for games like skyrim, uncharted, halo, etc. can be had on mobile. Not in my opinion due to the fundamental issues surrounding mobile gaming (relying on lower power, relying on touch screen, ...)

Around the Network
midrange said:
zorg1000 said:

do you actually think that the same console experience for games like skyrim, uncharted, halo, etc. can be had on mobile. Not in my opinion due to the fundamental issues surrounding mobile gaming (relying on lower power, relying on touch screen, ...)

What does that have to do with anything? U implied all mobile had to offer were games like Fruit Ninja when that is absolutely false.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
midrange said:

What does that have to do with anything? U implied all mobile had to offer were games like Fruit Ninja when that is absolutely false.

No, I didn't. I gave an example about how the best of mobile does not compare to the best of console gaming. Replace fruit ninja with angry birds, clash of clans, candy crush, jetpack joyride, and the argument still stands. Same if you replace skyrim with cod or halo or uncharted, ...

midrange said:
zorg1000 said:

No, I didn't. I gave an example about how the best of mobile does not compare to the best of console gaming. Replace fruit ninja with angry birds, clash of clans, candy crush, jetpack joyride, and the argument still stands. Same if you replace skyrim with cod or halo or uncharted, ...

None of those games u listed are the best of what mobile has to offer. Ur original claim was that no hardcore gamer plays on mobile, I would like to see the data that proves this.

zorg1000 said:
midrange said:

None of those games u listed are the best of what mobile has to offer. Ur original claim was that no hardcore gamer plays on mobile, I would like to see the data that proves this.

I can think of infinity blade and asphalt as the closest looking console game on mobile, and they still won't match a console experience. I don't believe a hardcore gamer would mainly play on mobile. I see them playing the console version of street fighter over the mobile one. 

It's clear that they are going to bet for an stellar 2016 year. Mobile and NX integration it looks like to be deepper than we believe.

Hopefully this pay off, or else, they are going to have a terrible and a worse 2016.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile