By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bloomberg: Nintendo Mobile Game Delay Triggers $4.5 Billion Drop in Value

Don't shoot the messenger, guys :P

This news has a lot of interesting implications - stick to that and not to the thread creator. "Similarly, avoid discussing the user who created the thread in a negative, insulting, or accusational (Smeags insists this should be a word) fashion, rather than discussing the thread topic itself. If you feel a topic is baiting, trolling or rule-breaking, report it."

Thank you!

Around the Network

I always said they should have never entered the mobile market. Going 3rd party is always bad.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Not that surprising, and as someone else has said, on the back of the mobile news earlier this year, Nintendo's stock had probably become overvalued.

Investors were expecting Mario on smartphones by Christmas, despite the fact Nintendo had said that was unlikely to happen. The combination of the game being a Mii-driven app and something that's not coming out till March was bound to disappoint the people who jumped on board earlier this year expecting to make a quick buck.

A fall in share value is hardly a long-term disaster for Nintendo. Their stock is still well up on where it was 12 months ago, and with 5 smartphone titles coming in a 12 months period (not to mention Kimishima being very bullish about their profit expectations over the next few years) I think we'll be seeing investors jump back on board in 2016. Nintendo will concentrate on getting the launch of Miitomo and their new account service right.

vivster said:
I always said they should have never entered the mobile market. Going 3rd party is always bad.

Mobile is a risky venture. Its mainly features one hit wonder companies. Angry birds or flappy bird dont have the continious appeal.

Not really a big deal. The stock jumped far too high based on the mobile announcement, so it's balancing out a bit.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Don't shoot the messenger, guys :P

This news has a lot of interesting implications - stick to that and not to the thread creator. "Similarly, avoid discussing the user who created the thread in a negative, insulting, or accusational (Smeags insists this should be a word) fashion, rather than discussing the thread topic itself. If you feel a topic is baiting, trolling or rule-breaking, report it."

Thank you!

that is correct and i would discuss about this topic, but the poster himself says he only posts nintendo stuff when its negative, wich is fair in its own way. People just point it out

Also i think the nintendo stocks will jump up a bit when the mobile app is released. This is just temporary.

Scisca said:
Honest question, how can I buy some Nintendo stocks?

Exactly what I'm thinking.

Behold the fickleness of the mobile casual market.

Lube Me Up

This is gonna be good. Nintendo knows what they're doing. I was furious at them too. Releasing some dumb Mii game. The nerve! But you need to understand that they're trying to reach a different crowd...the casuals. You don't anticipate the casuals, they just show up. They'll come running soon enough. And Nintendo will roll in the dough. Will hardcore fans like it? Heckey naw. But the casuals will eat it up.