By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bloomberg: Nintendo Mobile Game Delay Triggers $4.5 Billion Drop in Value

midrange said:
zorg1000 said:

None of those games u listed are the best of what mobile has to offer. Ur original claim was that no hardcore gamer plays on mobile, I would like to see the data that proves this.

I can think of infinity blade and asphalt as the closest looking console game on mobile, and they still won't match a console experience. I don't believe a hardcore gamer would mainly play on mobile. I see them playing the console version of street fighter over the mobile one. 

So it's just about looks now? And of course they offer different experiences, that has nothing do with being "hardcore" or not. Now the argument is the don't play MAINLY on mobile, which is different from what u originally said.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
midrange said:

I can think of infinity blade and asphalt as the closest looking console game on mobile, and they still won't match a console experience. I don't believe a hardcore gamer would mainly play on mobile. I see them playing the console version of street fighter over the mobile one. 

So it's just about looks now? And of course they offer different experiences, that has nothing do with being "hardcore" or not. Now the argument is the don't play MAINLY on mobile, which is different from what u originally said.

It's not just on looks, asphalt and infinity blade were the closest in feeling and experience to AAA games on consoles. My original point was that they offer completely different experiences. You somehow took my example and claimed that I thought every mobile game was like fruit ninja. I'm showing that that's not what I meant and you know it.

My original post was an exaggeration to get a point across. Nothing prohibits people from playing on different consoles.

midrange said:
zorg1000 said:

It's not just on looks, asphalt and infinity blade were the closest in feeling and experience to AAA games on consoles. My original point was that they offer completely different experiences. You somehow took my example and claimed that I thought every mobile game was like fruit ninja. I'm showing that that's not what I meant and you know it.

My original post was an exaggeration to get a point across. Nothing prohibits people from playing on different consoles.

"The whole mobile crowd is casual. No hardcore gamer will play on a phone."

In no way can that be interpreted as they offer different experiences and nothing prohibits people from playing on different consoles. Either ur changing goalposts or ur just awful at expressing what u mean.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.