By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kimishima believes Nintendo will exceed DS/Wii Era profits within 3 years

Do you think what Kimishima says is possible?

Yes, i have faith in Nintendo 69 22.77%

No, Nintendo will never r... 76 25.08%

Maybe 58 19.14%

Depends on what the NX will be 75 24.75%

Depends on their mobile strategy 25 8.25%

Total:303

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/10/30/nintendo-believes-they-can-exceed-ds-wii-era-profitability-within-3-years/

well lets certainly hope so. If they manage to pull that off, then im impressed. He also promises that the NX will introduce a completely new gaming experience.

Around the Network

It's possible, as long as they nail mobile, create new ip and maintain huge quality games for handhelds, and become more developer friendly and not gimmick based for their next home console

Personally I don't think I am as invested in the company being too healthy, just healthy enough to continue to be great. Given if they do return to that level, I hope they invest more in gaining small developers that would add to their software side. Honestly Nintendo should look into making sure it is a software powerhouse, because eventually hardware side of things will disappear.

Wow, that is some serious confidence. I am getting pumped to hear what sort of surprising Nintendo has planned down the line.... : )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

twintail said:
Cloudman said:
Wow, that is some serious confidence. I am getting pumped to hear what sort of surprising Nintendo has planned down the line.... : )

mobile is basically the answer.

I think it's gotta be more than that. I don't think mobile alone will make them money exceeding the Wii and DS.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

-mobile games/apps
-QoL products/services
-theme park attractions
-Amiibo figurines/cards
-IP licensing (films/series)
-gaming hardware/software

If all these things are successful than I think it's possible.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Cloudman said:
twintail said:

mobile is basically the answer.

I think it's gotta be more than that. I don't think mobile alone will make them money exceeding the Wii and DS.

Candy Crush Made $1.4bn in revenue last year. 

I'm sure they have other stuff up their sleave but they could quite easily make these predictions with only their mobile devision being responsible for serious growth, of course their handheld and Consoles would presumably be more profitable in 2017/18  versus now with the dead Wii U and declining 3DS sales. 

I vaguely remember reading something like this a little while ago concerning Wii U and 3DS.. and we all know how that turned out.

But I digress. If Nintendo do indeed expand beyond simply gaming then yes they could make a lot of money.
BUT THEY NEED TO BE AGGRESSIVE! Something they have not shown in a long while.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Mobile games are a gamble, I don't think that's where his confidence comes from.

Well, if the president of Nintendo doesn't say that he believes in his own company ability to turn things around, who would?

It's part of his job to say things like that.