By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kimishima believes Nintendo will exceed DS/Wii Era profits within 3 years

Do you think what Kimishima says is possible?

Yes, i have faith in Nintendo 69 22.77%

No, Nintendo will never r... 76 25.08%

Maybe 58 19.14%

Depends on what the NX will be 75 24.75%

Depends on their mobile strategy 25 8.25%

Total:303

NX
Mobile
Theme parks
Movies
IP licensing

Yep, I can see it. Exciting times ahead!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Pretty much. And not just because of mobile. Because of everything. If they do everything I think they will, Nintendo is going to be titanic in a few years. Bigger than they've ever been before.

Gourmet said:
Mobile games are a gamble, I don't think that's where his confidence comes from.

It's not a gamble. It's a strategic move. The confidence is coming from everything working together like clock work, mobile being an integral part of that clock work.

I do remember reading how Reggie or Iwata said something how they can't reveal the NX yet because other companies will steal the idea.

This could be just some media play, or that this NX will be something unique and could bring in the $$$$.

Like what people said, Nintendo has been making or doing some new things. We will see how they will all do in the next gen/console

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Cloudman said:
Wow, that is some serious confidence. I am getting pumped to hear what sort of surprising Nintendo has planned down the line.... : )

He sounds a lot like me the last few months.

Around the Network
Maraccuda said:
I vaguely remember reading something like this a little while ago concerning Wii U and 3DS.. and we all know how that turned out.

But I digress. If Nintendo do indeed expand beyond simply gaming then yes they could make a lot of money.
BUT THEY NEED TO BE AGGRESSIVE! Something they have not shown in a long while.

Miyamoto literally said they'd be aggressive.

They don't need to bring the NX to WiiDS era sales for this to work. If they get their foot through the door in mobile gaming, plus the broader licensing and merchandising of their characters that they've constantly said they'll be doing, then they could return to that level of profitability with NX being only a moderate to good success.

Jranation said:
I do remember reading how Reggie or Iwata said something how they can't reveal the NX yet because other companies will steal the idea.

This could be just some media play, or that this NX will be something unique and could bring in the $$$$.

Like what people said, Nintendo has been making or doing some new things. We will see how they will all do in the next gen/console

It's the unified, digital platform not tied to hardware.

I think IP licensingby it self could generate the wii/DS profit levels in the right hand.
Man, i look from what disney is making with marvel the last years.

Great to be optimistic, and definitely can, if they make good company decisions, so hopefully that is the case.

Only time will tell if this actually happens or not

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]