By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kimishima believes Nintendo will exceed DS/Wii Era profits within 3 years

Do you think what Kimishima says is possible?

Yes, i have faith in Nintendo 69 22.77%

No, Nintendo will never r... 76 25.08%

Maybe 58 19.14%

Depends on what the NX will be 75 24.75%

Depends on their mobile strategy 25 8.25%

Total:303

If he waits long enough for inflation, sure.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:

If he waits long enough for inflation, sure.

That won't have anything to do with it. They'll actually have massively successful products again.

spemanig said:

That won't have anything to do with it. They'll actually have massively successful products again.

The question is how much will the NX drag down the great mobile profits.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

If they become the no.1 smartphone game maker in the world and the Mario CG movie and/or Legend of Zelda movie series takes off like The LEGO Movie and/or Harry Potter/LOTR franchises ... maybe. And NX would have to be a solid success too.

But those are some giant sized "ifs".

Iwata said for years Nintendo was going to return to "Nintendo sized" profits and that never happened.

vivster said:
spemanig said:

The question is how much will the NX drag down the great mobile profits.

It'll probably exceed the mobile profits handily.

Around the Network

Kimishima is either lying or he's delusional. Unless he plans to shift Nintendo entirely to mobile, which would be a shame, and even then, they would need something like Candy Crush to make it.

Wii/DS sized profits are really only possible with huge amounts of casuals, so smartphones would have to be the driver for that, not NX.

Traditional game market can only yield so much, Sony has never made that level of profit even though they've dominated the traditional game space for the better part of 16/20 years (80% of the time).

Even if NX was a success, it's not like Sony (or even MS) would likely be going anywhere, at best they might be able to have a little better than 1/3 of that pie, and that's assuming virtually everything goes right for the NX, which I doubt it will. Nintendo is prone to making too many stupid mistakes with every console and hardcore gamers I feel are very happy with what they get from Sony/MS as is. 

Note Kimishima said "can", not "will", there's a big difference. I "can" be a doctor with a $3 million dollar house and trophy wife. Anyone "can" if they play their cards right. Saying "I will" is difference, that implies certainty, Kimishima (wisely) didn't say that. 

Soundwave said:

Wii/DS sized profits are really only possible with huge amounts of casuals, so smartphones would have to be the driver for that, not NX.

Traditional game market can only yield so much, Sony has never made that level of profit even though they've dominated the traditional game space for the better part of 16/20 years (80% of the time).

Even if NX was a success, it's not like Sony (or even MS) would likely be going anywhere, at best they might be able to have a little better than 1/3 of that pie, and that's assuming virtually everything goes right for the NX, which I doubt it will. Nintendo is prone to making too many stupid mistakes with every console and hardcore gamers I feel are very happy with what they get from Sony/MS as is. 

Note Kimishima said "can", not "will", there's a big difference. I "can" be a doctor with a $3 million dollar house and trophy wife. Anyone "can" if they play their cards right. Saying "I will" is difference, that implies certainty, Kimishima (wisely) didn't say that. 

It's not going to be one single thing that is the main driver of such profits but rather all of their new initiatives combined. NX+Mobile+QoL+Theme Parks+Movies+Amiibo+merchandising all doing well.

U also kind of went on a completely irrelevant tangent there lol

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Dayum! That's a bold prediction Kimishima! That would mean software and hardware sales greater than DS and Wii and a thriving mobile division. Show me the NX and I might believe you. Depends on what the NX is and if Miitomo isn't the extent of their mobile division.

Still, the "totally new gaming experience" NX thing kinda has me worried. I hope Nintendo knows what they're doing.

Kimishima.... hehehehe ok thanks for the joke.