By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U has outsold the SEGA Dreamcast

With Nintendo's latest shipment figures, we now know that the Wii U has outsold the Dreamcast.

GoNintendo just reported it.

Wii U

- 10.73 Million units sold

Dreamcast

- 10.6 Million units sold

Congratulations Nintendo. Next stop, the Gamecube.

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure everyone is in agreement that the Wii U will not outsell the Gamecube, but either way this is a pretty nice milestone, I guess.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

*clap*

Well that took awhile.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Shipped more than the Dreamcast? Not bad... now for the gamecube!

WHAT A FUCKING ACHIEVEMENT.

Around the Network

These are shipped numbers right? not sold through to customers?

TAKE THAT, SEGA!

I thought the Dreamcast never surpassed the 9 million barrier when it was discontinued, in 2001, according to SEGA's figures. However, in the long run, SEGA managed to sell the remaining stock or the majority of it, making up for 10.6 million units.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Congrats! What Wii U did in 3 years what the Dreamcast did in 18 months!

To be honest while I think the Wii U is better the GC (Software wise IMO). I don't think the Wii U will outsell GC

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

This calls for an executive meeting at the hostess bar.