By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I just bought my first ever PlayStation (PS4)

The best $350 you'll ever spend that doesn't include alcohol, hookers and latex gloves

Around the Network
vivster said:
And Sony's brainwashing campaign continues.

I'd say inFamous: Second Son, BloodBorne, Batman: Arkham Knight as other recommendations.

If you are getting TW3, should consider Dragon age inquisition as well. Batman AK and Dying light are very good games. Don't forget Rocket league.

twintail said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
LBP3 is great for endless enjoyment. I recommend jumping on every month or so and playing the highest rated levels for the month and enjoy.

I heard the game was kind of buggy. How is the performance overall? and are there any good creators on it like there were with LBP2?

oh yeah and I usually don't really run into any.  I think at launch there were but I got it for Christmas and didn't play the online till I had platinum (so probably sometime in January) and I only ran into a couple.

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
Kjartan said:
twintail said:
Bloodborne and Until Dawn seem to be favourites.

I would say try out Infamous SS and then Infamous FL. Personally the latter is far better but the first is still fun.

Oh get Rocket League.
Best. Mp. Ever.

Will get Until Dawn and Rocket League for sure! Also what is Infamous? Never heard of it.

The first two Infamous's on PS3 were better than Second Son, though Second Son is still good. But if you don't know the first 2 then Second Son should be a fun ride. As far as I know there is litterally no better way to get around in an open world game than with the powers you get in inFamous. It's the sort of open world game where you actively chose NOT to use fast travel because travelling the regular way is just so much damned fun. Also the open world is not so vast as it being largely occupied by empty space. I also agree that First Light (a spin off single mission game using your sidekick from the main game as the playable character) is better in many respects and I would really love to have a full game centred on that character.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

biglittlesps said:
tinfamous12 said:
Honestly you should have all 3 consoles. Each one has something the other can't offer.

Not everyone can afford all, so we have to chooose which offers more value among three according to our interests. 

Indeed, I've been lucky with the prices of the consoles since I bought my Wii U for 185€ and this PS4 for 366€. Besides that, I'm not interested at all with the NSA Miscrosoft console :P

NNID/PSN: Kung_Kjartan

Angelv577 said:
If you are getting TW3, should consider Dragon age inquisition as well. Batman AK and Dying light are very good games. Don't forget Rocket league.

I dunno. I'm not sure what it's like picking up The Witcher 3 games into the franchise, but there's a helluva lot you miss if you pick up DA:I in this 3rd game.  TBH I don't even know how people can get into DA:I without playing DA2 at least once. The events of DA2 are so huge in terms of why there is even an inquisition and indeed what the central conflict and ultimate enemy are. The Dragon Age games are one long interconnected story. As much as I love the series I would not recommend Inquisition it to someone who's never played the previous 2 games. Even less to someone who, coming from a Nintendo only background may not even have heard of the series.

@OP. If you end up liking TLOU then I think you should reconsider your dismissal of Uncharted. They are very different games, but it will be worth your while giving Uncharted a try, especially if you can pick up the NDC fairly cheap in the new year. I imagine you'd be able to buy it used early next year for almost throw away money. The stories the franchise tells and the characters in them are some great fun.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Kjartan said:

I don't know if that's worth a topic but oh well I got a PS4 today, because I mean I love you Nintendo and I'm happy with my Wii U but Sony is the big deal and they've got so many games coming that I'm interested in.

It's my first time with Playstation, I wish I could have grown up with the PS1 and PS2 but I had Nintendo consoles. I did hang out though with a friend who had a PS2 back in time and I remember we've completed together a few games (Jak and Daxter was the best!)

I bought the 500GB Player Bundle (TLOUR, LBP3 and Driveclub), gonna unpacked it right now.

I will try to pick as soon as possible The Witcher 3 and GTA V. Oh and I'm proud to claim that I will not buy any FIFA game even if I'm European (I do enjoy cars game though......Half cliché true?)

But if you have any game recommendation I'll be glad to hear them (not really interested in shooters/war games to be honest). :)

Since you have come from a Nintendo console and enjoyed Jak and Daxter, you must check out Knack. I think it was pretty awesome and ended up completing it twice. 

Enjoy DriveClub, it is by far the best arcade racer I've played in a very long time! 

If you haven't played it on a Nintendo console, pick up Darksiders2. It's like a mature Zelda with a much better story.

Far Cry 3 & 4 are both good, but one of them will be enough as they are quite similar. 

Deadnation on PSN is a must, especially if you have people to play with. So is Rocket League. 

Until Dawn is worth its price. The game caught me off guard. I never thought it would be anywhere near as good as it is. It is really good and is worth at least 2 play throughs.

Fei-Hung said:

Since you have come from a Nintendo console and enjoyed Jak and Daxter, you must check out Knack. I think it was pretty awesome and ended up completing it twice. 

Enjoy DriveClub, it is by far the best arcade racer I've played in a very long time! 

If you haven't played it on a Nintendo console, pick up Darksiders2. It's like a mature Zelda with a much better story.

Far Cry 3 & 4 are both good, but one of them will be enough as they are quite similar. 

Deadnation on PSN is a must, especially if you have people to play with. So is Rocket League. 

Until Dawn is worth its price. The game caught me off guard. I never thought it would be anywhere near as good as it is. It is really good and is worth at least 2 play throughs.

Thanks for your recommendations, I've tried Driveclub and I already like it!

I just bought Rocket League and ordered Journey, can't wait to receive it. I have a question to anyone, is it possible to buy a/several playstation store card(s) and then use it to buy a ps plus subscription with it?

NNID/PSN: Kung_Kjartan