By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I just bought my first ever PlayStation (PS4)

Congrats on the purchase! Dont overlook the psn only games as well. A lot of different games to fill almost Anh gamer's needs.

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
Dang, PS4 is your first sony console? You missed out on some good games from the previous eras. At least you can play some of them from the PSN store via classics. Though time will become an issue to play all those games, haha...

I know, I desperetaly want to play Shadow Of The Colossus, I hope it will get a port to the ps4 as well.

(Is it possible to double quote? ahah) To answer to theprof00, I've played Journey at my ex's place, stunning game... I'll defintely get it to myself!

NNID/PSN: Kung_Kjartan

Kjartan said:
Cloudman said:
Dang, PS4 is your first sony console? You missed out on some good games from the previous eras. At least you can play some of them from the PSN store via classics. Though time will become an issue to play all those games, haha...

I know, I desperetaly want to play Shadow Of The Colossus, I hope it will get a port to the ps4 as well.

(Is it possible to double quote? ahah) To answer to theprof00, I've played Journey at my ex's place, stunning game... I'll defintely get it to myself!

I think that was on the PSN store on PS3? I dunno how PSN works on PS4 though. I can't help you there : X

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Kjartan said:
Cloudman said:

I think that was on the PSN store on PS3? I dunno how PSN works on PS4 though. I can't help you there : X

Maybe? I don't know,  I have too many games to play anyway so I can wait :)

Infamous Second Son/First Light are great games, Bloodborne is a must buy if youre into RPGs and Until Dawn is a very entertaining game, also Id give Order 1886 a try, play a demo or something to see if you like the game, I enjoyed it a lot but be warned that its a very short game, lasting only around 7 hours or so. On the non exclusives side Id recomend Dragon Age Inquisition, if youre into action/adventure Batman Arkhan Knight is a great game (despite a few shortcomings like too much Batmobile) and Middle Age Shadows of Mordor.

There are also a lot of narrative "pick your own adventure" moviesque games that I quite enjoy, but its a genre ppl either love or hate. On this genre Id recomend Life is Strange and Tales From the Borderalnds (the first on is a deep emotional story, the second one is a crazy fun ride trough Borderlands universe).

Also I know you said you are not interested in Uncharted but you should at least play a demo or somethign to see if you like it, specialy if youre enjoying The Last of Us, altough Uncharted and TLoUs tones are very different they have some similaritys. 

pokoko said:

It brings a tear to my eye to see someone take the next step.

Though they are last gen games, I would highly suggest The Handsome Collection. It has Borderlands 1 & 2 plus the Pre-Sequel. You'll be ready for Borderlands 3!

The Handsome Collection doe snot include Borderlands 1 does it ?

Around the Network

In my humble opinion, this is the Best Exclusive of 2015, and a must have on PS4, buy it as soon as possible.

DakonBlackblade said:

Infamous Second Son/First Light are great games, Bloodborne is a must buy if youre into RPGs and Until Dawn is a very entertaining game, also Id give Order 1886 a try, play a demo or something to see if you like the game, I enjoyed it a lot but be warned that its a very short game, lasting only around 7 hours or so. On the non exclusives side Id recomend Dragon Age Inquisition, if youre into action/adventure Batman Arkhan Knight is a great game (despite a few shortcomings like too much Batmobile) and Middle Age Shadows of Mordor.

There are also a lot of narrative "pick your own adventure" moviesque games that I quite enjoy, but its a genre ppl either love or hate. On this genre Id recomend Life is Strange and Tales From the Borderalnds (the first on is a deep emotional story, the second one is a crazy fun ride trough Borderlands universe).

Also I know you said you are not interested in Uncharted but you should at least play a demo or somethign to see if you like it, specialy if youre enjoying The Last of Us, altough Uncharted and TLoUs tones are very different they have some similaritys. 

I am into RPGs but I just don't think the atmosphere of Bloodborne is for me, I might play a demo If I can though. I will get Until Dawn, but in my opinion the game is a bit too expansive for what it is so I'll wait for a price drop.

I'm intrigued by Life Is Strange, I'll buy it eventually. Isn't Uncharted more or less like Tomb Raider? If so, meh.

You must also get Witcher 3, unless you have it on PC

siddhartha87 said:
You must also get Witcher 3, unless you have it on PC

That is my next purchase :P probably gonna buy it next week along with a ps plus 12 months card

Edit: Here's what I'll buy during these last 2 months of 2015

- The Witcher 3

- Fallout 4

- Journey (Collector's Edition)

- Rocket League

- Transistor

Welcome to Playstation Nation. Wii U has some decent games but PS4 is in another league. Enjoy your PS4.