By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony posts $280M profit. PS4 ships 4 million in Q2 & LTD = 29.3 Million

The_BlackHeart__ said:
And we are still missing the big hitters: Santa Monica, Naughty Dog and Guerrilla

MS will never have a chance to report official numbers. But apparently the PS4 already broke the 2:1+ ratio.

Not yet. Xb one has probably shipped over 15 million. And the sell through for Xb one almost requires PS4 sell through to be 29 million. Given we may never get official Xb one shipments for the rest of the generation, rather depressingly VGCharts will probably be the ONLY available reference for Xb one global sales. So even though we know VGC becomes increasingly inaccurate without being able to use shipment data to course correct we have no other reference point. At some stage we might get some hardware market share information.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

I'm scared.

Let's just hope Sony doesn't fuck up - indeed, they can't fuck up for the next three years. They have everything going for them - strong first and third-party exclusives support, a burgeoning online service, a console with power closest to matching PC.

I'll be going to grab a drink.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Veryyyy cool to see Sony turning a significant profit! PS4 being their big money maker ensures more money being invested into PS4!

Dark_Feanor said:

That is not how things works. You will probally win nothing in the daily trading. Pre marketing had Sony stocks a 5% boost. That is a public information those who could placed their orders did it within seconds. Your order will be of the lowest priority

You can´t beat the robots and derivatives brokers. .

So I went ahead and checked and you're flat out lying. Pre-market they're down from yesterday and seeing as you can only publicly trade during or after hours, the value hasn't had time to react yet to these financial statents. I stand by what I said even more strongly now. There will be am instant boost and it will have its first peak in within 15 minutes of open.

Its an absolute shame that Microsoft stopped giving shipped numbers. Even Nintendo does this. They are consistent even when they aren't on top and that is worth admiring.

Around the Network

Now is the right time to announce PS4-2 with triple CPU power and double GPU power and custom Windows partition.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Unless PS4 loose a lot of steam when Nintendo NX launches, this is starting to look like PS2 land again.

So over 29 million shipped as of September 30th. VGC show 26 million sold as of October 3rd? Thats pretty steep guys. Good luck fixing the charts, cause that is gonna be difficult.

aLkaLiNE said:
Dark_Feanor said:

That is not how things works. You will probally win nothing in the daily trading. Pre marketing had Sony stocks a 5% boost. That is a public information those who could placed their orders did it within seconds. Your order will be of the lowest priority

You can´t beat the robots and derivatives brokers. .

So I went ahead and checked and you're flat out lying. Pre-market they're down from yesterday and seeing as you can only publicly trade during or after hours, the value hasn't had time to react yet to these financial statents. I stand by what I said even more strongly now. There will be am instant boost and it will have its first peak in within 15 minutes of open.

I might have checked wrongly. I thought it was up 5% this morning.

It´s now down by 4%, wierd. Why were investors expecting better results?

A hell UP YoY PS4 is.

I predicated 3.5m shipped but it was way better than that.... the forecast jumped +1m.

Amazing feat for a $400 machine.

~1.5m on shelves is fine for this time of the year... 2.8m? Sorry VGC.