By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Do you really need tomatoes to make pizza?

Tagged games:

Can you make pizza without tomato sauce?

Nah man, that would just be cheese on toast 33 47.83%

Yes, tomato sauce is just really common 36 52.17%

Total:69

Yes

Around the Network

Course you don't need tomatoes to make a pizza. It's a staple though, and I love tomato on my pizza, but there is BBQ pizza and this one you have looks good too ; )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Anyone who played Club Penguin will know that you can make pizza without cheese! :p

But why not? I guess you could say it isn't true Pizza but it still is pizza or a variant or something like that..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

No you don't, there's ranch and BBQ pizza's that are delicious too. I actually like BBQ sauce pizza a lot more than just regular tomato sauce pizza.

Ka-pi96 said:
Cloudman said:
Course you don't need tomatoes to make a pizza. It's a staple though, and I love tomato on my pizza, but there is BBQ pizza and this one you have looks good too ; )

Isn't BBQ sauce made from tomatoes as well though?

I'm... not really sure o:

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

I make a white pizza almost all the time. The secret is to put a stone pizza pan in the oven all by itself to get the pan hot. Then take out the hot pan out of the oven.You then take the rolled out pizza dough and put it over the stone pan to absorb some of this heat.

You then take the key ingredient, mascarpone cheese. This cheese is like a spread, which can be obviously troublesome when spreading it on raw dough. This is where the heat from the pan comes into play. The heated stone heats the dough, so when you put this spreadable cheese on top, it melts like butter. You can then easily spread this as the base all over the top of the raw dough.

You then put on farmers cheese (blobs all around the pizza is fine), parmesan cheese, as well as mozzarella (you want this cheese to be plentiful on your pizza). You can then add caramelized onions, tomatoes, bacon, etc on top to add the finishing touches. Pop that in the oven at 350 degrees until the crust is golden brown and enjoy :D

*Note* Never EVER take a rolling pin to the raw dough. I have learned the hard way since I always saw my dough come out as a cracker and never rose.  Using a rolling pin kills the yeast in the dough so it is best to let gravity help you (holding the dough in the air and moving around in a circular motion as gravity stretches the dough out), or to work it out with your hands on the counter.

Yes, otherwise what you get is a thin Focaccia which is just another flatbread ...

Pizza is only defined as a combination of dough, tomato sauce, and cheese ...

My favourite pizza is made without tomatoes. The ingrediets are: mozzarella, pancetta, grana padano, e aceto balsamico The taste is mindblowing! I can't get over just how incredible this pizza is. I recommend everyone to try it out.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Well at the Italian restaurant I worked at we made pizzas with tomato sauce, taco sauce, pesto sauce and alfredo sauce. Bruschetta is also bread tomato and cheese around here. But in reality things are not as they appear.

StokedUp said:
You need tomatoes, that's the ingredients that makes pizza, pizza. I completely agree that pic looks delicious but it's just a glorified cheese on toast. The fact is pizza is bread tomatoe and cheese, then with your own toppings.

this

the reality is that 99% of pizzas have cheese and tomato sauce on them. obviously there are going to be exceptions for anything but in general a pizza is thought of as a food that does in fact have tomato

posting a picture of essentially a sort of cheese bread that looks appetizing does not change the general consensus of what pizza is and always has been