By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Hot dogs, bacon and other processed meats cause cancer, WHO declares

I believe I also read in some article where there were "researchers" and "studies" that said that vegetables are bad for you.

I mean if you want true facts, then just know that every single one of us has cancer when we are born. No matter what healthy foods you eat or staying out of the sunlight, you can still develop cancer. How?

Well our cells divide and make copies of themselves all the time. That means there is an unavoidable chance that the genetic code might not copy correctly and lead to what is known as mutations. When you have enough mutations within a cell, then that cell turns cancerous.

I feel that these "studies" just aim to scare people. Although, I guess I just did that by posting the information above. Whoops.

I will continue to eat my bacon

Around the Network

... I'm f*cked.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

You do realise theres counter arguments all over the internet, i could find scientific research that counters what you have just said, if you think what you consume has no affect on your body your an idiot, fruits like nuts and seeds are part of our natural diet, you probably think drinking milk from an entirley different species of animal is normal to!!! Im a Vegetarian going Vegan, ive never felt better or had so much energy as i do now, ive also stopped ageing, if it aint natural i dont consume it.

Jimbo1337 said:
I believe I also read in some article where there were "researchers" and "studies" that said that vegetables are bad for you.

I mean if you want true facts, then just know that every single one of us has cancer when we are born. No matter what healthy foods you eat or staying out of the sunlight, you can still develop cancer. How?

Well our cells divide and make copies of themselves all the time. That means there is an unavoidable chance that the genetic code might not copy correctly and lead to what is known as mutations. When you have enough mutations within a cell, then that cell turns cancerous.

I feel that these "studies" just aim to scare people. Although, I guess I just did that by posting the information above. Whoops.

That is true, but animal protein does feed cancer cells. Epecially cooked meat. It creates chemicals (PAHs and HCAs) that feed the cancerous cells and consumes enzymes (trypsin and chymotrypsin) in which your immune system uses to fight cancer. This is why plant based diets are recommended to cancer patients. 

FIT_Gamer said:
Porcupine_I said:

You should not assume things about people you don't know.

Unless you are one of the people who think they are the only ones who know everything about a healthy lifestyle and therefore everyone else must be doing it wrong.

I was just replying to the ridiculous nature of your comment. 

By responding with an equaly ridiculous statement? Both our posts did nothing to help anyone live any healthier.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

Meh, so what. Seems like damn near everything causes cancer anymore.

FYI chips cause cancer too.

Porcupine_I said:

By responding with an equaly ridiculous statement? Both our posts did nothing to help anyone live any healthier.

I guess i can kind of agree with that. I did post some valid thoughts, could of left out the last part of the comment though. 

MegaDrive08 said:

You do realise there counter arguments all over the internet, i could find scientific research thay counters what you have just said, if you think what you consume has no affect on your body your an idiot, fruits like nuts and seeds are part of our natural diet, you probably think drinking milk from an entirley different species of animal is normal to!!! Im a Vegetarian going Vegan, ive never felt better or had so much energy as i do now, ive also stopped ageing, if it aint natural i dont consume it.

You stopped ageing... lol sure... Don't know if I can take you serious or not. Anyway, I agree to an extent, eating too much meat isn't healthy, but that's the case with a lot of things. About milk, it didn't use to be ''natural'', but humans (with the exception of some African tribes) have developed a resistance against lactose, and it is completely fine to drink, but again, not too much. Meat on the other hand has always been part of the human diet.

Again, did you read my post? Different types of food have different effects on our body, but acidity doesn't matter.

It depends on how the research is conducted. I've seen and read plenty of half-arsed research papers in my life, but the things that's usually worse is the conclusions people draw. The raw data itself is usually interpreted wrongly. A lot of people tend to confuse causation and correlation. I can conduct a research where I follow 5,000 people that consume ''processed'' foods and 5,000 people that are on a ''natural'' diet (or even vegetarians if you want). I'm almost certain that the results will show that group A, the one that consumes relatively more ''processed'' foods are more likely to develop cancer than group B. However that isn't proof that ''processed'' foods cause cancer. There's usually a lot more going on. It's just a correlation, not a causation. If you're very concious about what you eat, you probably don't smoke and you probably work out more as well; thus you're more likely living a healthier life than group A, thus explaining why group A is more prone to develop cancer than group B, not necesarily because they have a more unhealthy diet, but because their entire lifestyle is likely less healthy. But still, you need to find what actually causes the cancer and how it causes cancer.

FIT_Gamer said:
Jimbo1337 said:

That is true, but animal protein does feed cancer cells. Epecially cooked meat. It creates chemicals (PAHs and HCAs) that feed the cancerous cells and consumes enzymes (trypsin and chymotrypsin) in which your immune system uses to fight cancer. This is why plant based diets are recommended to cancer patients. 

If you fry (burn) them with too much heat, then yes. But if you burn veggies in the same way, they are carcinogenic aswell. Also, something like sunflower oil promotes cancer by nature, just like olive oil that's heated too much. Also, cancer cell feed on carbohydrates, which means LCHF could help you fight cancer (apparently so does vitamin D).

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.