By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Has the 360 past its limit?

360 was released in 2006. People say just look at Mass Effect and you'll see how dated the 360 is.
I hope this isnt true because im playing to buy one real soon.

Around the Network

The 360 has yet to be maxed out just look at all the new technology they are implementing in GOW2.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

I agree with kenzomatic.

Xbox isn't maxed out yet, but it's close to be maxed out. Just look at how little improvement GeoW2 will have over the first one.

Frankly, that's not really a bad thing, this way you get to enjoy games that takes FULL advantage of a console for years to come.

In comparison, it will probably take PS3 developers another 2 years to max PS3 and Wii already got maxed in SMG.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I think the 360 still has some juice left, mass effect was just a buggy game.

xxx_hahaha said:
360 was released in 2005. People say just look at Mass Effect and you'll see how dated the 360 is.
I hope this isnt true because im playing to buy one real soon.
Fixed.

And I'd have to say yes, it's just about at it's limit, many will disagree, but any further advances will be minor and hardly noticeable, a good example is games being released below 720p for the 360 (Yes a few PS3 games have too, but you have to remember these were ports and developers weren't willing to take the time to reconfigure the entire game).

So like I said, it's pretty much at it's limits, any further advances will be minor.

Around the Network
kingofwale said:

In comparison, it will probably take PS3 developers another 2 years to max PS3 and Wii already got maxed in SMG.

And you know that because ....

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

kingofwale said:
I agree with kenzomatic.

Xbox isn't maxed out yet, but it's close to be maxed out. Just look at how little improvement GeoW2 will have over the first one.

Frankly, that's not really a bad thing, this way you get to enjoy games that takes FULL advantage of a console for years to come.

The wii didn't get maxed out in smg. If that was the case it would be running at 30fps instead of 60fps. That means even if it maxed the wii at 60fps it could still do twice that in 30fps. Nobody even said it maxed the wii out at 60fps. The wii still has alot of room left for graphical improvement. 

ps2 was not "maxed out" until 2007 when god of war 2 pushed the graphics as far as it can go...im sure if they spent time on it still, games could look even better on ps2.
Heck...we may have even seen Crysis on it :)

Tavin: don't feed the troll. Without food, he'll die slowly.

sc94597 said:
kingofwale said:
I agree with kenzomatic.

The wii didn't get maxed out in smg. If that was the case it would be running at 30fps instead of 60fps. That means even if it maxed the wii at 60fps it could still do twice that in 30fps. Nobody even said it maxed the wii out at 60fps. The wii still has alot of room left for graphical improvement.

I think you misunderstand the basics of performance. A game running at 60Fps using set amount of power doesn't mean that at 30fps it would look twice as good.