By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Has the 360 past its limit?

I don't think it matters if the 360 peaked, games will improve with better developing tools and techniques.

We can also expect a boost in graphics and features the day MS lets developers use the HDD to help run games.

Who knows maybe the 360 will one day be lucky enough to have a 20 minute install

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

This tread starts sound more like is wii past it's limit.

Username2324 said:
@sc

You cannot say the best looking game for Wii would have to have framerate and performance issues. Hell, if you wanted to go that way you'd have to drop games down to 1fps.

By "reaching its limits" we mean reaching it's maximum of visuals and performance at the same time. So that's the choice the developers have to make, do they want the shiny fancy look with a frame rate problem here and there, or do they want impressingly smooth game play that could look a bit better but only by sacrificing performance.

But like I said, Nintendo doesn't want us to know, and they probably have some kind of grip on developers to keep it secret or we would have seen some official specs on the console by now.

Oh I thought KoW meant that it was at it's limits with galaxy rather than it was at the limit before we noticed a mandatory decrease in performance. Ok I agree unless nintendo tells everybody the wii's limits we don't know. Why does nintendo have to keep the specs anyway. I see no point in it. It doesn't harm anything. 

Ok I still didn't post toward the Op. I think  geow 2 will be the 360s limits but wouldn't know because we know barely anything about it graphically. 

arsenalrc15 said:
Do people not understand that the PS3 is not as powerful as the 360 in terms of graphics, shader structure, memory allocation and architecture, and utilization of processing power?

IDK about that, the best looking game I've seen so far (outside of Crysis of course) is Uncharted.  When 360 has a game that tops that, I might re-consider.

360 at it's limit? I doubt it. Although, if you really really want prettier games now, get a PC. All the consoles will improve still.

As my preferred example, look at FFX and then FFXII on Ps2. Sure, FFXII sucked in the gameplay and story department, but it was amazingly well done graphically on the PS2. (Yes, I do need to add that line anytime I mention that game)

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network
arsenalrc15 said:
ok sorry it came out in January of 2005

Gamecube came out in November 2001.

Thats 3 years and 2 months a big difference from 6 years.

September 2001*

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

in North America, Gamecube launched on November 18, 2001.
in North America, Resident Evil 4 was released on January 11, 2005.

correct that plzdontbanme.

just look at the SNES, that thing could pump out incredible looking games, (Donkey Kong Country, Yoshi's Island and Mario RPG) very late in it's life span.

arsenalrc15 said:
in North America, Gamecube launched on November 18, 2001.
in North America, Resident Evil 4 was released on January 11, 2005.

correct that plzdontbanme.

Gamecube came out in Japan on the 14th of September.

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

arsenalrc15 said:
Do people not understand that the PS3 is not as powerful as the 360 in terms of graphics, shader structure, memory allocation and architecture, and utilization of processing power?

for info on PS3 vs Xbox 360 go to these links

http://www.hardcoreware.net/playstation-3-vs-xbox-360-one-year-later/

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6125087/index.html?type=tech

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html

The PS3's max will probably be KillZone 2 or MGS 4.

The Wii's max -- who the hell knows?

The 360's max -- GoW 2 will hold that title

You're funny ;) So 360 is more powerful than the PS3? lol

Also I disagree that MGS4 or KZ2 will push the PS3, they both first generation engines they will stand no chance to Resistance 2's. Maybe the next metal gear or killzone 3 will beat R2 but I bet the first games on those engines will not beat R2.

Currently the best showoff of what the PS3 can do can be seen on R&C:TD (raw computing power, 60 FPS, lots of shit of the screen, amazing high res textures) and Uncharted (best graphics, water and lighting on any console).

Like it or not, the truth is that PS3 > 360 and time will prove it. Hopefully we don't need to wait much longer and Resistance 2 will show us what PS3 can do. 

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M