By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Has the 360 past its limit?

Seriously whats the point of creating flame bait threads like this to troll on the XBox 360. Its not nice to kick it while its struggling at the moment but hopefully it will pick up when good games are released in this year.
Well if someone created a similar thread on the Wii or PS3 I think it could upset some people, maybe getting a warning or possibly a ban if you are skating on thin ice.

Around the Network

everyone look here!

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=142

:)

This is what you should think about.

Tease.

Well, XBox360 Hasent Maxed Out Yet...Its Almost At The Top Of Its Game So ill Give It Another 7 Months Or So....PS3 Still Has A Few Years Untill They Reach The Top. So PS3 Will Unfourchantly Have Better Graphics And That Than The 360 In The Next Couple Of Years.

as long as people buy games, i think they're o.k.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Rock_on_2008 said:
Seriously whats the point of creating flame bait threads like this to troll on the XBox 360. Its not nice to kick it while its struggling at the moment but hopefully it will pick up when good games are released in this year.
Well if someone created a similar thread on the Wii or PS3 I think it could upset some people, maybe getting a warning or possibly a ban if you are skating on thin ice.

How am i trolling? I am seriously planning to get a Xbox 360. The lastest model with quiet falcon chip or something.

People on the PS3 and even the PC forums have said the 360 has reached it's limit and can't push the hardware much further.

Now Gears of War2 will improve from Gears of War, but it wont push the envolpe.

I hope its because most 360 games are just using the Unreal Engine 3.0

I hope developers will make a new game engine that will push the 360 further.

Around the Network

The 360 is not at it's limit and will continue to see improvement.

Well first of all, this thread's title should say 'passed', instead of 'past', and second, no, I don't think the Xbox 360 is at its limit.

..Also, how can you pass your limit?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Is this thread implying that the 360 hit its Limit Break?

If so, what cool trick does it do? Do Steve Ballmer and Bill Gates dress like pirates and swing onto the screen to beat up Kaz Hirai? How long is the sequence? Can I Mimic it? How much damage does that attack do? Does repeated use of this move cause your 360 to red ring?

Too many questions, so few answers.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

kenzomatic said:
krik said:

Oh really? How about you learn2read?

"PS3 is not as powerful as the 360 in terms of graphics, shader structure, memory allocation and architecture, and utilization of processing power"

EDIT:

I do not need to read the links... I know all these articles (they all biased one way or the other) but I also know the architectures of both. And like I said, time will prove me right.

You are being ignorant.

The ps3 can do more poly but the 360 will do better with the textures.

Why is that? Just because developers can use the whole 512Mb of RAM for textures? So where will the game run? You guys keep forgetting that just because both CPU and GPU share the same 512Mb of memory it doesn't mean that it's double the memory, it's still only 512Mb. The GPU can use all the 512Mb of memory. It's freaking shared and the game code, level data, AI, physics, model meshes, all of that crap a game depends on use memory too. Lots of it to be precise.

I actually like the PS3's architecture better, the 50/50 memory split has advantages. Do you know that on the 360 both GPU and CPU share the same bus to access the memory while the PS3 has independent buses for CPU and GPU?

PS: I'm no ignorant so please control your maners.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M