By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Halo 5: Guardians Metacritic/review thread - Currently at 84 Meta

Tagged games:

iceland said:
PotentHerbs said:

I never said it sucked. It also reinforces a historical trend where Halo is falling in Metascore with 343i (MCC, 4 & 5 all below 90's.)

2 games now creates historical trend? (MCC's bulk wasn't made by 343i).

I mean we're talking about 3-5 points here. Let's simmer down

You're talking about 3-5 points down to Until Dawn and Tearaway Unfolded at 82. They were consistently attacked as subpar exclusives by xbox fanboys....

Still Playstation people have to listen to xbox fans saying PS4 "Haz no gamez"....  It is incredibly annoying. I have a huge backlog of games both exclusive and multiplat and see this type of hyperbole everywhere online.

Around the Network
iceland said:
PotentHerbs said:

I never said it sucked. It also reinforces a historical trend where Halo is falling in Metascore with 343i (MCC, 4 & 5 all below 90's.)

2 games is now creates historic trend? (MCC's bulk wasn't made by 343i).

Considering the amount of mainline games & spinoffs like Reach, plus H6 already in development, do you really think 343i will prevent this trend? 

Actually forza 6 is 87😉

Good, my prediction was 87.

But the thread is going into the wrong direction...

Bryank75 said:
iceland said:

You're talking about 3-5 points down to Until Dawn and Tearaway Unfolded at 82. They were consistently attacked as subpar exclusives by xbox fanboys....

Still Playstation people have to listen to xbox fans saying PS4 "Haz no gamez"....  It is incredibly annoying. I have a huge backlog of games both exclusive and multiplat and see this type of hyperbole everywhere online.

Honestly I've seen more Sony fans talk about the "no games" line,  either link some recent posts on vgc by xbox fans that actually mention that or drop it.

We're talking about a supposed historical trend here, not sure what those exlcusives have to do with anything, much less the rest of your post. tbh

Around the Network
Bryank75 said:
iceland said:

No, the annoying thing is that people like you repeat this over and over again on this forum without any evidence, generalizing and making themself comfortable in playing a "victim role" and justify shit posts because of that. Doesn't mean yours is a shit post, though. But it's annoying, for sure.

pbroy said:
Ka-pi96 said:

And? Why is that important to you?

I laugh at Xbone's failures to suceed in comparison to PS4 as well. It makes me feel better about my choice of loyalty to my brand. It's important to me, because it makes me happy. Isn't that what we try to achieve in life? True happiness? 😐

Does it makes you aroused, too?

PotentHerbs said:
iceland said:

2 games is now creates historic trend? (MCC's bulk wasn't made by 343i).

Considering the amount of mainline games & spinoffs like Reach, plus H6 already in development, do you really think 343i will prevent this trend? 

I don't consider two games to be a trend, I think it is possible. If H5 launched with forge and splitscreen it might be sitting at 90 right now. From what I've read, the gameplay seems to be getting praise. If they can fix the issues with the campaign, then why not?

iceland said:
Bryank75 said:

Honestly I've seen more Sony fans talk about the "no games" line,  either link some recent posts on vgc by xbox fans that actually mention that or drop it.

We're talking about a supposed historical trend here, not sure what those exlcusives have to do with anything, much less the rest of your post. tbh

The point is that Halo is supposedly Xbox ones vanguard exclusive. If it is just 3-5 points above the sony exclusives I mentioned, games that I have seen refered to "not AAA" by xbox people. Then all the fuss about xbox exclusives is really just a lot of hot air.

Really underwhelming...

Bryank75 said:

games that I have seen refered to "not AAA" by xbox people.

Mainly because "AAA" refers to the budget used for creating and marketing the game, not the metacritic/score/quality the game might or might not have.