By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Careful reading Halo 5 comments.

Tagged games:

So apparently the ending is very similar to the ending of Halo 3's ORIGINAL plot script. Hmmm I really want to see how this plays out now. I wonder if it's as well written or makes sense. Gaaaah... I don't even own an Xbox One and I'm a huge Halo fan. I'm going to need to borrow one or watch it online.

To anyone who has beat the game. Does the ending (without spoiling it for others) make sense? Or is it true that it was pulled out of their asses? In the original script not only does it make sense. They reveal how the ploy was played all along from the very first game to take control over the Halo's. Problem is all the re-writes, crunch time, and other issues caused this "series main villain" to be scrapped. Ironically back prior to Halo: CE's release. The founder of Bungie (Alex Serpian) stated that this character was essentially a villain.

It's great to see that 343i had the balls to go back to their roots and realize this. I support this decision (if it's true) 100% It felt kind of.... off that they didn't do this back when. A real throw back to the classic Bungie formula that is in almost all of their games.

"There will be no more Sadness. No more Anger. No more Envy.
There was a fourth. You couldn't have known. And I haven't forgotten.
It is a blurred line that lies at the edge of Godhood and Insanity. Guess which side of it I am on."

Edit: I was going to add another older quote... but it was reused in Halo 4 (I think) and would spoil what I am talking about

Around the Network

Also the mcc was not as buggy as the trolls made it out to be either, sure it had some issues but no where the amount some obvious trolls were stating.....

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Snoopy said:
Azzanation said:

Recently a review came out giving Halo 5's Campaign a 9.5/10, and while the reviewer didnt spoil the game, the childish comments left by fanboys left some major spoilers, which upset other gamers that were looking forward to the story plot of Halo 5 and unlucky for them, the modders were too late to delete.  

Ignore the comment sections if you wish to play it safe, or just be super careful when deciding to read fanboy comments. There will be those that are jealous of the game and would want to ruin it for everyone. Lucky for me, i havent read them any comments regarding the game.

The worse part is all the sony fans hating on this game in the comment section.

Chalk is up as The Order: 1886 karma, especially since early reports have H5's campaign clocking in around 6 hours.

Brace yourself: deja vu is coming.

Thanks for the heads up

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
Also the mcc was not as buggy as the trolls made it out to be either, sure it had some issues but no where the amount some obvious trolls were stating.....

Uhhhh Yes it was!

I played the game SOLEY for the multiplayer purpouses only. I could only get int oa match ONCE every hour-hour and a half. The networking was broken and the core purpouse of the collection for me, was missing. The game for me was a phantom. An empty game without an experince. I cannot stress at how disapointed I am with the game and it tooks them something stupid like 6 months to fix. Sorry if I am little angry about it but I've never played a game this broken in my life.

Sure I'll admit the single player experince was very well done and had no issues. However I beat those many times on my original disk. I wanted to play the multiplayer to mix up the experince of the multiplayer in glorious HD!

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

That really did depend on what part of the game you were focused on. If you were into MP it really was basically a broken product at the start (fortunately for me I didn't care about MP), if you were playing the campaigns then there were some annoying bugs but definitely no where near broken like the MP was.

Insidb said:
Snoopy said:

Chalk is up as The Order: 1886 karma, especially since early reports have H5's campaign clocking in around 6 hours.

6 hours? Maybe on easy and rushing through the game/ skipping cutscenes. Everyone is saying it about 10 hours.

Insidb said:
Snoopy said:

Halo 5 has multiplayer.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

who care i finish the game already (less then 7h of gameplay on normal) and story is just ok but meh (cant spoil it).... i think it the end of halo for me.....

the game worth 30$ max (just like the order 1886)

nanarchy said:

christ grow up! I am sure people will finish it much faster than you. Just as I am sure it will take me many times longer than most people.

So responding to accusations of me lying about how long it took to complete warrants being told to "grow up"? right. 
I was dissappointed on the length because I completed it in that amount of time just playing it casually, the same as most people would, I wasn't skipping cutscenes, I wasn't sprinting through levels, just playing it normally.

After all of the articles stating the campaign was 15hr+ i feel quite well within my rights to be dissapointed by less than 7 hours, even if set to normal, i'll likely play it again on heroic when looking for the remaining 3 skulls i didn't find playing through the first time at some point in the future.

Also, i'm pretty sure the majority of people that will be playing Halo 5 will, just like me, play through it on normal too, thus my observation based on my experience with the game is a valid one, will the be people that do it in less time? yes, will there be people that put 200+ hours in to it? yes, and many many more that will put that long into the multplayer too, but as I had stated many times in the past, pvp multiplayer has never interested me, so for me the only draw was campaign.