By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 American Nightmare

PS3 has sold less than 100,000 units lower than many analyist predictions. The GBA has sold 2,000 more unit than PS3

April 2007 vs. March 2007
  • Nintendo DS: 471,000 vs. 508,000
  • PlayStation 2: 194,000 vs. 280,000
  • Wii: 360,000 vs. 259,000
  • Xbox 360: 174,000 vs. 199,000
  • Game Boy Advance: 84,000 vs. 148,000
  • PlayStation 3: 82,000 vs. 130,000
  • PSP: 183,000 vs. 180,000
  • GameCube: 13,000 vs. 22,000
  • april to march sales. A price cut is definiltey needed

Around the Network

how about a canadian nightmare?? 41k to 7k...

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I was considering making a thread about this ...

82,000 units is amazingly low and what is somewhat worse for Sony and Microsoft is the Wii outsold the XBox 360 and PS3 combined (360,000 vs 256,000) by a margin of 104,000.

I didnt realize it was that bad, People keep giving me flask becasue I make comments that my PS3 is collecting dust, there just havent been games coming out for it that I want, .......plus the fact that it is packed doesnt help any. I just hope more publishers dont jump ship entirely, cause the numbers are not in sony's favor. I do like the looks of Little big planet, that looks fun, stil dont know if its 4 player? online? co-op?

PS3 weekly sales:

• January   48.7k
    • February  31.8k
    • March      26.0k
    • April        20.5k

I worried this tred will extend into this month. Think about it, we are already halfway through May now. And there has been NOTHING to stop the PS3's decline, at all. And nothing will arrive in this months NPD tracking period to buck that trend either. At some point they have to start worrying about public perception. All the negative press is just fueled by this downward spiral.

I believe that if the trend holds PS3 would do 16 - 18k per week through May and the NPD would be disastrous. 

Around the Network

I really wish there was better tracking of the European numbers. I'm guessing that WW sales of the PS3 will be under 250k for April. In one quarter (Apr-Jun) the PS3 could fall another 2.25 million or more behind the Wii.

little big plannet is 4 players and online + coop. i hope it sells well though

CameronHall1 said:

WOW i cant wait, is it out? my dang PS3 is packed til the move, and my wii is hooked up but the games are stale, but lookin forward to Godfather,

If sony keepd churning out unique and original games like little big planet , they might be able to increase sales.

I think we all inside are begging for new originals and not repeats.........

Kinda like Final Destination.I admit good flick.......................THEY SHOULD HAVE KEPT IT that way...then all the sequals came....If sony can keep originals coming, and maybe expand side scrollers, they can stay in the game,(no pun intended)

dpmnymkrprez said:
    CameronHall1 said:

WOW i cant wait, is it out?

2008. I think you have plenty of time to unpack.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

dpmnymkrprez said:. I do like the looks of Little big planet, that looks fun, stil dont know if its 4 player? online? co-op?

Agreed.  It seems to be, at least from the previews, that it is intended to be a side by side co-op multiplayer.  I'm definitely intrigued by the title.  I'm guessing there is some sort of co-op because on of the previewers mentioned playing side by side with colleagues, but it didn't mention if it was on three machines or on one.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
    Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.