By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Tri Force Heroes first reviews [Metacritic: 75]

Goodnightmoon said:
DivinePaladin said:

I can tell you're a Zelda fan by the fact that you're complaining about the newest game in the series. 

Whether YOU wanted it or not, I've seen requests for years by the Four Swords series' fans for a third multiplayer game. Nobody really asked for it to be one or three players only (seriously, a two player option would have been nice), but let's not let your clear bias affect people who might like the game. I'm sure it's about as enjoyable as FS/FSA, which means very for some and not at all for others. So, the same as pretty much every Zelda game!

There is something similar, you can actually play with only one friend, and then the third one is an online stranger.

Also is nie the fact that one or two friends can play without having the game, and everything except the colosseum (that is not a big deal) is unlocked to play, so finding 1 or 2 friends with a 3ds to play is not very hard, certainly not as hard as finding 4 friends with a GBA to play in your GC to Four Swords. And I actually had a great time playing alone with random users, sometimes it can be a pain in the ass (some people is pretty bad) but overall it was fun.

Yeah, download play is a wonderful addition (that they really haven't advertised enough for this game because $$$). However, I still wish there'd be an option for all styles of play. I don't care if it would cause some problems occasionally, I'd love to play locally with my roommate and share the third puppet, especially since our third player is an hour away and doesn't like Zelda enough by itself to buy it right away. That makes things sort of a pain without much reason behind it. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network

It scored about what I expected it would. I probably won't buy it, not many people I know own a 3DS.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

What I don't get is...a co-op based game, region-locked? Because Australian Links are not cool or what?

spemanig said:
I think this would be neat as a multiplayer mode for ALBW. Probably can't stand very well as its own product.

I feel like this is a big problem for Nintendo right now.  They're losing money, so they're taking all these little packages and selling them at full price, so now the shelves are filling up with games that don't have a lot of value for the money.  It's like they're in panic mode and are unwilling to put as much into games as they used to.

Arlo said:
spemanig said:
I think this would be neat as a multiplayer mode for ALBW. Probably can't stand very well as its own product.

I feel like this is a big problem for Nintendo right now.  They're losing money, so they're taking all these little packages and selling them at full price, so now the shelves are filling up with games that don't have a lot of value for the money.  It's like they're in panic mode and are unwilling to put as much into games as they used to.

Yeah, it's been a pretty bad year with all these mediocre spin-offs. Animal Crossing: HHD, Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, Zelda: TH and MP: FF just aren't up to Nintendo's standards if you ask me. Let's hope next year is the end of these kind of cash grabs. At least they still care somewhat for Star Fox as it's delayed. But will it be enough?

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network

5, Gamespot relly!?
They also gived Yoshi Woolly World and DKC Tropical Freeze 6!

Arlo said:
spemanig said:

I don't see it like that at all.  It's true that the game doesn't have as much work into it, but I think it has a lot more to do with this being the end of the handheld cycle than it does with "Nintendo is struggling to make money." 

I'm not too surprised by this. This game looks super mediocre, but oh well.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

See I want to get it but the whole co-op only part is throwing me off, that and I'm not into playing with randoms and my 3DS friends list is pretty small, great reviews though and gameplay in general.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

After playing the demo I have to say these reviews are pretty generous.