By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Tri Force Heroes first reviews [Metacritic: 75]

After checking the game a bit and being a huge fan of Four Sword Adventures, I can safely conclude that the best part of this one is that you can crossdress.

And while that sounds good, it doesn't speak well for the whole game, though...

Around the Network
Wright said:

After checking the game a bit and being a huge fan of Four Sword Adventures, I can safely conclude that the best part of this one is that you can crossdress.

And while that sounds good, it doesn't speak well for the whole game, though...

Most people liked the demo quite a bit, the game is more fun than it looks.

I thought the e3 trailer looked horrible. I didn't play Spirit Tracks because trains don't belong in a Zelda game and I won't play this either. I know many people here like anime, cell shading and think crossdressing in a Zelda game is cool but to me this is on the same level of ridiculousness as having a Lord of the Rings game in which you... well, do exactly what you do in Triforce Heroes. Zelda has alway been a "serious" IP to me. I don't like this and I don't like Metroid Prime: Federation Force. I'm sure these are great games, but why force them to be Zelda / Metroid games?

UncleScrooge said:
I thought the e3 trailer looked horrible. I didn't play Spirit Tracks because trains don't belong in a Zelda game and I won't play this either. I know many people here like anime, cell shading and think crossdressing in a Zelda game is cool but to me this is on the same level of ridiculousness as having a Lord of the Rings game in which you... well, do exactly what you do in Triforce Heroes. Zelda has alway been a "serious" IP to me. I don't like this and I don't like Metroid Prime: Federation Force. I'm sure these are great games, but why force them to be Zelda / Metroid games?

Your loss. Spirit tracks was one of the best handheld Zeldas to my mind (I know some disagree). And I've no idea why trains wouldn't fit a zelda game. It's not lord of the rings - it's a very diffrent universe. As to why this is a Zelda game... because the gameeplay is clearly that of a multiplayer Zelda game.

This game looks niche though and I don't think I have the free time to see if I might get into it. Coop gameplay isn't something I'm too fond of and it seems very dungeon foused with little or no overworld.

Is this game considered part of the main series or a spinoff?

Around the Network
Mati_Intrieri said:

Spin-off of course

Mati_Intrieri said:

Depends on the argument you are trying to do. For example:

- This game is a big flop from critics!

Answer: doesn't matter because it's a spin-off

- Aonuma must have developed a real sequel or a real mainline game

Answer: It's a mainline game. It has "The Legend of Zelda" in the title

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Mati_Intrieri said:

Err.... let's go with mainline, notwithstanding that it would have relased within a month or so of the Wii U game.

I'll still buy it but it looks a bit average to me. Come on Zelda U...please X(

Pavolink said:
Mati_Intrieri said:

Depends on the argument you are trying to do. For example:

- This game is a big flop from critics!

Answer: doesn't matter because it's a spin-off

- Aonuma must have developed a real sequel or a real mainline game

Answer: It's a mainline game. It has "The Legend of Zelda" in the title

Hmm, I prefer to consider it a spinoff. Seriously, what the hell is this?

http://zeldauniverse.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Tri-Force-Heroes-Timeless-Tunic.png