By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's wrong with being a fanboy?

Everyone's a fanboy .

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

Most of the fanboys hate the competition. This is the problem.

It's not honest at all. Most of the ones I've encountered are insanely hypocritical. And they antagonize people who don't want to be bothered.

Normchacho said:

Having a strong preference for a brand or product or whatever is fine. Allowing it to cloud your judgement and ignoring basic logic or decency in the name of that prefrence is not fine.

Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKJPho0C9ZI

EDIT: Im trying to embed the video but i dont know how :-S

In my opinion most fanboys are all about console wars and defending their company no matter how many dumb mistakes they make. Like a user said here the word fanboy has a bad connotation because it´s meant to describe ignorant, blind fans of any company

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
It's not honest at all. Most of the ones I've encountered are insanely hypocritical. And they antagonize people who don't want to be bothered.

This.

Wasted emotion. They often seem to get angry/upset over little things. The best thing I ever did in forums was stop reading most comments in gaming and sales threads. I am fine with just knowing my gaming friend's and family's opinions and not reading some guy that has to tell the world his opinion is absolute.

Its fine to be a fanboy. Its not fine if you let that blind you.

because video games are just games/toys, and it is really embarrassing and immature to take things so seriously. It's cool/fine if you only play on one console/brand, but when you start to talk shit and hate on other products, then it just becomes embarrassing. you really miss out if you purposely avoid certain brands.

Hi

Nothing. I'm an Xbox fanboy. Since a few years.
Before I was a Nintendo fanboy. Times change, people change, preferences change.