By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's wrong with being a fanboy?

First we need to agree on the definition of fanboy.
If Curl is a Nintendo fanboy then I have nothing wrong with this type of fanboy.
If he isnt a Nintendo fanboy then yeah, being a fanboy is fucking stupid and your opinions are indeed invalid.

Around the Network
rolltide101x said:
There is nothing wrong with being a fanboy. Just do not let that totally cloud your judgment and screw with fans of other systems.

I am primarily a Sony/Playstation fan (85% of my gaming done on PS3/4)

Agreed. I am whole heartedly a Sony pony fan boy but I also like games so I own all console brands. I don't think being a fan boy can only be negative. I am also somewhat of a sega fan boy too for nostalgia...... Pre dreamcast demise. Would I call Xbox or Nintendo junk? Nope. I guess im a console fan boy in general because I tried pc gaming and don't care for it.

nothing wrong with being a fanboy. its just that most of them are stupid, and the problem is with their stupidity. some actually suck the dick of their preferred company so much that they literally like it if their company of choice screwed them over. trust me, i seen it on here, even with a member who (used) to be a long time member and big poster.

There is nothing wrong with being a fanboy unless it turns you into a sheep. I'm pretty much a Nintendo fanboy, but it hasn't stopped me from criticizing them or enjoying other games on other consoles.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

The problem with 'fanboy' is the definition of the term fanboy itself. There is nothing wrong with preferring a certain console over another for whatever reasons. But that's NOT what defines the term 'fanboy'.

Someone isn't a fanboy if they prefer PS4/XBO/WiiU/PC.

Around the Network

there is nothing good about being a fanboy. It is a derogatory remark created to describe a fan of company X or Product Y that has gone beyond enjoying the product to the point where you don't even acknowledge the issues or problems, you ignore the competitors products based purely on blinkers devotion and really in gaming it means you are no longer really a gamer, you care more about the company and console than what games are on it.

there are 2 kinds of fanboys
1-those who enjoy the brand they are fans
2-those who talk shit about other brands
being the number 1 is ok.

Being a fanboy is something akin to what a child would do.

I don't see fanboyism as being honest though. If you're standing up for a company through EVERY fault, then they learn nothing. I'm not so much of a fan where I can't acknowledge where others do well, and if I like what they do, they get my money. Buying brands purely out of emotional attachment will make you miss out on stuff.

Tunnel vision.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)