By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's wrong with being a fanboy?

At least its Honest.

In the age of anonymity, I respect Honesty more than veiled derision under guise of feigned neutrality.

What sayest thou?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Nothing. I'm a Nintendo fanboy and because of that I care for the company. The problem is that many discredit others arguments because they are fanboys and a healthy disscussion will never succed with that mind.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

There's nothing wrong with it, except when you're a fanboy of the one who's losing.

I know I said that once. But we have to distinguish here. Fanboys are not honest. Their actions let us see their honest biases.
I still prefer the rabid fanboys that wear their bias on their sleeves to the ones who pretend they're not by commenting nicely on something else or being harsh on their own fandom once a year.

But fanboys are always bad. Because fanboys are ignorant people and and are poisoning society. I'd rather have people coscious of their biases without being ignorant to everything else.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Doc you should know that not every fanboy is honest. Just look at N4G, its a jungle out there lol

Around the Network

Willful ignorance is not something I can respect. Hating a product from a rival company that you'd love if was produced by your favorite company or loving a product from your favorite company that you'd hate if it came from rival company are kind of silly. I disregard the opinions of people like that.

Having a strong preference for a brand or product or whatever is fine. Allowing it to cloud your judgement and ignoring basic logic or decency in the name of that prefrence is not fine.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Nothing is wrong with it but on the Internet alot of fanboys have a long track record of being unreasonable. They don't seem to understand what an opinion is.

When people wonder why the mass populace doesn't take computer games seriously, I point to the word fanboy, and the fact that that word is still actually an accepted term in game discussion.

"Fanboy" is literally a word created solely to cheaply insult. It has no substance and no positive connotations what-so-ever. It's childish, petty name calling. That word belongs in elementary school playgrounds, not in intelligent video game discussion.

Instead of making threads attempting to condone and unproductively justify the use of such a regressive word, we should be making threads and writing articles on why the word should be completely eliminated from the gaming vernacular.

Nothing wrong with being a fanboy, except when you are blind to a company's failure or poor decision making, and you don't wanna accept the truth.

Also, I HATED that show...

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."