By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 5 gaming moments that give you goosebumps.

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War - Chopper's death. The Demons of Razgriz really came alive at that moment.

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 - EVERY. SINGLE. PIECE. OF. DIALOGUE.

Legacy of Kain: Defiance - Learning that Raziel was actually a hylden.

Final Fantasy IX - The burning of Alexandria and Bahamut's defeat.

Around the Network

1) Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time - First time leaving Kakariko Forest and entering Hyrule Field, with the awesome graphics, sunlight effects and vastness if game opening up

2) Metal Gear Solid - the part were the girl gets shot by sniper to draw you out. Awesome moment in a awesome game.

3) Fallout 3 - Leaving the vault, pretty much same reasons as Loz Oot's Hyrule field

4)ZombiU - pretty much whole game had me breathless and on edge lol

5) Call of duty MW1 - Just all the Cinematics moments like the final boss kill and breaching doors etc all felt great and fresh back then ( not so much now though lol)

5. The final phase of the final boss from Okami.

4. The ending of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

3. The Wonderful 101, the entire final battle.

2. Tales of Symphonia, Kratos' final words in the ending.

1. The final battle from Super Mario 3D World, childhood dream realized.

The ending of Demon's Souls would be at the top of my list by far

Pokemon Yellow wasn't difficult. You were a child.

Around the Network

Prepare yourself. I have way too many to name but here are a few that came to mind instantly. I'm not giving you only five.

- The summoning in Final Fantasy X

- The ranch scene in The Last of Us

- Eva's speech about The Boss/ending of Metal Gear Solid 3

- Riding into Mexico in Red Dead Redmption

- The sneaking mission "All Ghillied Up" in Call of Duty 4

- Every colossus fight in Shadow of the Colossus; particularly the 3rd one

- Being introduced to Rapture/Columbia in Bioshock/Bioshock Infinite

- The train sequence in Uncharted 2 (I wonder what Uncharted 4's action scene will be?)

And most recently, so I don't make a post that is too long:

- Riding around on my horse in The Witcher 3. Such a beautiful game world

#1 Amb-ass-ador

mZuzek said:

Agreed. Pokémon Yellow wasn't the last difficult Pokémon game, and it wasn't the first either. The first was Ruby/Sapphire and the last was Emerald.

I wouldn't even say that. They're all easy games, campaign-wise.

Valkyria Chronicles - A certain event left me upset and angry. It came from out of nowhere and, bam, one of the biggest shockers in any game I've ever played. It kind of blew away the idea that you were a super soldier that was going to save the day for everyone. I couldn't even look at my PS3 for several days.

Suikoden II - A character's death rocked me. I stopped playing, looked online and found out they could be saved, then started the game over, even though I was right before the end.

Punch-out - Beating Tyson. My hands were all sweaty and my hands were sore but I felt like I'd just won some kind of championship.

ICO - That bridge scene. I just sat there staring at the screen.

WoW - The first time I saw Ragnaros with my own eye. With most of the guild I was with at the time, that was our first trip there. I've never felt like that with a video-game before, it was completely epic.

1. super mario galaxy intro screen
2. first time i jumped in super mario galaxy
3. first time i was upside down in super mario galaxy
4. first time i beat bowser in super mario galaxy
5. first time i saw the end credits in super mario galaxy

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Windwaker- The first time I played the game and saw those beautiful cel shaded graphics blew me away.
Zombi U- The nursery part genuinely scared the shit out of me, so tense.
Resident Evil 4- Wow a Resident Evil game that has fantastic fluid controls.
Wonderful 101- An exhilarating roller coaster of a ride from start to finish, fantastic boss fights.
Until Dawn- Story telling, voice acting, graphics and scares are all top notch.
Eternal Darkness- Made me think my Gamecube had packed in, that game messed with my head.
Batman Arkham City- Open world Gotham had me salivating
Skyward Sword- Still the best use of motion controls to date.
Splatoon- Got me back into competitive online gaming, after I had turned my back on it for a while.