By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 5 gaming moments that give you goosebumps.

ps3-sales! said:
Knitemare said:

I dont have a specific order but I could name this 5:

Shadow of the Colossus-. When you first fight Avion.

MGS3 Snake Eater: When you climb the long ladder inside the mountain, after you've killed The End, and you start hearing the song for snake eater being singed all the way to the top.

Soul Reaver 2.- When you have to fight yourself and the dialogue about this, and then Kain pulls the sword out of you and he starts to get new memories all of a sudden.

Far Cry 3.- First i have to tell you guys, I have a gaming PC with three 32" sony tvs, so i played Far Cry in 5760 x 1080p. Ok back to the game, when you have to jump to a water pool from very high in order to enter a new zone, i dont remember the mission, but everytime I do this I need to hold the breath because I get it taken away for this feeling of falling.

Silent Hill.- The ending, (except the alien one), when it starts playing "tears of pain".

Honorable mentions:

The order 1886 graphics.

Silent hill 2, when you learned the truth about your wife death.

Medal of honor Frontline: the first cutscene.

FarCry 4: when you use for the first time your flying suit to climb down the mountains.

Only played Far cry 3/4 on Ps3/4 but the visuals were amazing. On PC with completed maxed out I'd love to see how it looks.

Let me tell you that you will spend the first 2 hours just running around to enjoy the graphics. Shame that I only played FarCry 3 on PC. I got 4 for my PS4, and I am seriously thinking on buying it for PC.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Around the Network

The first time you get to Firelink Shrine in Dark Souls was my best moment in videogames.
The music, the background with the huge tree and castle walls... i spend 20 minutes there just watching.
It's my favorite game of all time.

Five that pop into my head:

Metal Gear Solid 3: the whole have was amazing but from the time you fight the Shagohod to the final credits--THAT feeling is the reason why I'm a gamer.

Chrono Trigger: Finding Chrono-- first this I ever saw a main character did in a game. The party goes on without him. Changing past and finally getting him back was incredible. With the team together, it was time to fuck Lavos right in the booty hole.

Gears of War 2: finding Dom's wife. Maybe it was the extra "umph" of seventh gen realism plus some genuine emotion in the acting but that one really hit me. Plus, at the time my gf was named Maria.

Final Fantasy VIII: Bought the grand just in time to go to bed. I only had time to watch the intro. I couldn't even sleep, I was so excited!

Super Metroid: Samus was being destroyed by mother brain. I couldn't think fast enough to figure a way out of the situation. Suddenly, the baby Metroid I saved in Metroid 2 comes in and sacrifices itself to save me. I jumped out of my seat because it was just so awesome!

Ganon fight on Ocarina of TIme....

This is such an awesome thread!

Few more: RE2 during the "new game plus" where things were the same.... but different. When Mr. X made his debut, the whole game went to the next level.

Batman Arkham Asylum: when I realized I was getting a dose of the great gas. Great effect!

Also Eternal Darkness: just like Arkham but on a higher level. That game relay messed with your head sometimes and when it fooled my, I got goosebumps!

Onimusha 2 ( my auto correct knew this game? wtf!!): anyway, facing and defeating Gogandantess (sic?) for the last time. Somehow, I developed a respect for my rival. Finally beating him just gave me such a sense of pride. Much better that the Squall/Seifer stuff from FFVIII.

Around the Network

Haven't seen this one mentioned yet. Gave me chills. I recommend everyone to try it if they can:

1. Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn: When you find out who the Black Knight is and later when you finally kill him
2. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker: First time turning on the game and hearing the intro music
3. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door: All of Chapter 4
4. Super Smash Bros Melee intro
5. Chrono Trigger: Opening Cinematic

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz