By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your favorite game genre?

Hard to say. I like the mechanics found in games, independent of the genre it's tied to. I love Pikmin, but normally dislike strategy games. Traditional fighters bore me, but Smash is great.
I guess I'm a Nintendo ***boy ;P

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

RTS.

I LOVE ICELAND!

4X

Visual Novels - jRPGs - Economic/building Simulation. Can't find a hierarchy between these because I need all three.

Impossible for me to give just one answer xD

I'd say that I mostly stay within a variety of Action/Adventure, RPG, & Platforming games. I love Simulation & Strategy games too, but I'd say those three are my most-played genres.

Around the Network

My favorite games this gen so far would fall into the hack and slash genre. Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 have really wowed me. That said Xeno X is right around the corner and Fatal Frame releases in 6 days.

Top 3!

1. Platformer (2D Mario, 3D Mario, 2D Sonic, Donkey Kong Country, Rayman, Banjo-Kazooie, etc.)
2. Action-Adventure (The Legend of Zelda, Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, Conker's Bad Fur Day, etc.)
3. RPG (Pokemon, The Elder Scrolls, Paper Mario, Child of Light, XenoBlade Chronicles, etc.)

Platformers and RPG

Mainly RPGs

..... :S

Mainly Shooter and secondary Horror.