By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Coming up on the end of Witcher 3.... Finally a game close to skyrim.

Yeah, The Witcher 3 is a great game!!!
Imo better than Skyrim.

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:

Yeah, The Witcher 3 is a great game!!!
Imo better than Skyrim.

Agreed. Mainly because it wasn't as glitchy and i didn't quit playing it, like i did with Skyrim. Open world games, FTW!

No game will top skyrim for me until TESVI and like 2 years work of mods for it are out.

Skyrim is just the most amazing gaming experience I've ever had, the possibilities in that game are almost endless.TW3 is a masterpiece its own right though, and when it comes to the vanilla versions of both games TW3 is much superior.

I personally found TW3 to be a superior game to Skyrim, so much going under the polished surface. These technical issues I keep hearing about have been largely absent on PC; it ran well from day one, unlike Skyrim, which didn't even allow more than a few GB or RAM until a community patch arrived.
Voice-acting, music, quests, environments, story, combat mechanics, there is not a single point where I find Skyrim to reach the same level.
One of the best things about TW3 is that it's almost impossible to become overpowered, which has always been a huge issue in the TES games, every single title.

Also; if bugs and glitches are reason to subtract from the scores, surely Skyrim would need a far larger deduction for its multitude of issues big and small upon release (and long after). Bethesda titles are famous for sometimes crippling issues, massive exploits and weaknesses and poor technical performance.
They have also yet to develop an actual combat system for their TES series, it has no weight or feel and resorts to the "click button, do damage" type gameplay from the 80's and 90's video games.

I really do like Skryim but I truly love TW3 and find it to be a superior experience overall.
I'm also reading the books, they're decently written and I love the setting and lore but they can be way too heavy on exposition at times. Still recommend them though!

try gothic and gothic 2 night of the raven if you want awesome rpgs.
Witcher 3 was good yeah, but those games are fantastic.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
As I return to kaer morhen to finish it... Oh you.

I'm playing it through for a second time on death march right now. Last achievement/trophy for me to get in the base game then I'll start hearts of stone. Already downloaded.

Not buying the expansions?

Yeah I apparently spoke too soon as there was much more game haha. 

I did finish it though. I played 14 hours straight yesterday lol. 

I will buy both expansions when the 2nd comes out. Need a break to finish other games. 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Aeolus451 said:
Chazore said:

I'm curious in wondering what you guys would think of Witcher if you played from 1-3 instead of only now just getting into the series from 3 which is also supposedly the end of the trilogy.

Well, in regards to the witcher 1 and 2, I could see them doing a remake or remastered version of them. Especially with the success of the witcher 3 on consoles. I think it would asinine to stop making any more witcher games. No point in stopping a series just when console gamers got a taste of it.

I dunno, if you know Witcher 1 pretty well you'd see it was a very M+K controlled game and wasn't designed in the same way Witchjer 3 was and likely won't be as updated graphically as much, 2 could be on the other hand but in the end they aren't a huge AAA company and have pretty much stated that they are done with the trilogy as is, they should put all their focus onto Cyberpunk since they mentioned it way back in 2012 and it's now 2015 and probably not due until either 2016/17. I think if console are really into the series by having only now just played 3 I would imagine them having being dedicated enough to chase the other two on the platform they started on, those two don't require "super" PC's to run and were designed the way they were, hardcore Witcher fans even go for the novels as wlel so there's that to throw in as well if they are truly dedicated to what they love.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Kirin_gaming said:
No game will top skyrim for me until TESVI and like 2 years work of mods for it are out.

Skyrim is just the most amazing gaming experience I've ever had, the possibilities in that game are almost endless.TW3 is a masterpiece its own right though, and when it comes to the vanilla versions of both games TW3 is much superior.

Just out of the curiosity, have you played Morrowind - cause, and admittedly that's just my experience, I don't know a single person who played Morrowind back in days, liked it and thought Skyrim was anywhere as good.

JNK said:
try gothic and gothic 2 night of the raven if you want awesome rpgs.
Witcher 3 was good yeah, but those games are fantastic.

Ah, always a warm feeling to see someone who appreciates Piranha Bytes' masterpieces, especially when it's younger folks and not just us old farts.

HoloDust said:
Kirin_gaming said:

Just out of the curiosity, have you played Morrowind - cause, and admittedly that's just my experience, I don't know a single person who played Morrowind back in days, liked it and thought Skyrim was anywhere as good.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the means to play morrowind when it just came out.I would've loved to play it considering it was way ahead of its time. I could play it now, but I don't think I'm going to enjoy it in this day and age.

As I said before though unmodded skryim is not that special it's really the mods that make it shine.

Kirin_gaming said:
HoloDust said:
Kirin_gaming said:

Unfortunately, I didn't have the means to play morrowind when it just came out.I would've loved to play it considering it was way ahead of its time. I could play it now, but I don't think I'm going to enjoy it in this day and age.

As I said before though unmodded skryim is not that special it's really the mods that make it shine.

Weeeeell...it wasn't really that ahead of its time, after all it was another TES game. Dagerfall did it already a lot of years before (just to mention TES games, let alone other non TES games), though Morrowind was first TES that was hand crafted, so a lot of people liked it more - those two are generally considered top 2 when it comes to best TES, though Morrowind usually takes the spot.

It's really great open-world RPG and I think, though I'm not that big of a TES fan, that every c/W/RPG fan should play it. But, if you choose to play it don't expect Skyrim - Bethesda started to streamline TES with Oblivion, Skyrim was very mainstreamed, and Morrowind might be a bit too strange for people acustomed to Skyrim.

For me, it's the best TES by far, way more immersive and subtle than anything they've made afterwards and, most likley, that they will ever make in the future.