By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Coming up on the end of Witcher 3.... Finally a game close to skyrim.

As I return to kaer morhen to finish it... Oh you.

I'm playing it through for a second time on death march right now. Last achievement/trophy for me to get in the base game then I'll start hearts of stone. Already downloaded.

Not buying the expansions?

Around the Network

the game is one of the best games i ever played in my entire life. its simply a masterpiece. much better than skyrim.

Better than Skyrim in just about every way imo.

I agree it's awesome. Probably one of my fave wRPGs, CDProjekt really pulled it out of the bag for this one. It manages to combine a great story with detailed characters and a massive world full of lore. The world itself might not be as interactive and immersive as Skyrim, but it's one of the few games that made me actually care about the side quests I did.

Each side quest was its own detailed story with its own intricacies and brutal outcomes. There are few open world games that manage to have so many side quests without becoming incredibly repetitive. Comparing the side-quest design from Witcher 3 to Skyrim or Dragon Age Inquisition and Witcher 3 wins everytime.

A lot of things are better than skyrim

Around the Network

You're doing the witcher 3 a disservice by comparing it in that way to skyrim. If any other dev would have released a game that glitchy, gamers would have crucified them.

I'm curious in wondering what you guys would think of Witcher if you played from 1-3 instead of only now just getting into the series from 3 which is also supposedly the end of the trilogy.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

I'm curious in wondering what you guys would think of Witcher if you played from 1-3 instead of only now just getting into the series from 3 which is also supposedly the end of the trilogy.

Well, in regards to the witcher 1 and 2, I could see them doing a remake or remastered version of them. Especially with the success of the witcher 3 on consoles. I think it would asinine to stop making any more witcher games. No point in stopping a series just when console gamers got a taste of it.

Chazore said:

I like all of the Witcher games. I only played 1 and 2 on PC before 3 came out just to get familiar with the characters and to "transfer" my decisions into the new game. The first game has aged quite poorly even in the Enhanced edtion which i played, it takes a while to get into the combat system and all the fetch quest and backtracking makes it a bit boring but still it was fun to finish. Witcher 2 was a massive improvement in all aspects, especially visualy. I also the felt the choices I made had more weight and story telling got better also. Wild Hunt blew me away, the world, the quests, the story, the character interactions. It is my game of the year so far. And although the ending/endings are pretty good if it is indeed the last one you can't help but want more!

It comes close to Skyrim for me in the fact that both have so much to do I lost interest before the end. It felt like a chore to finish the main quest in the end. The Witcher 2 was much better paced and more satisfying to finish. In fact I played through that twice because of the completely different paths through the second chapter. I have some lovely screenshots from Witcher 3 but have no intention to ever load it up again. Too much of a good thing...

I can recommend the books though. Great read, yet also another reason I don't feel like going back to game Geralt. Book Geralt is a much more interesting character.

I enjoyed the game a lot, yet as with all open world games the enjoyment is mostly front loaded for me. The earlier quests were amazing and having a whole fresh unknown world in front of you is awesome. Yet the later quests aren't as good as the Baron quest line and everything starts to repeat itself. It's better than Skyrim in the writing department and having a second fresh world (Skellig) to explore. Skyrim had some more unique quests though.