By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Sony Delay Games To Pack The Last 4 Months Of 2016?

Should Sony Back The Last 4 Months Of 2016

YES 22 10.05%

NO 197 89.95%

Total:219

We all know that Sony have a great 2016 lineup, but is perception more important than reality? Should Sony hold off launching a lot of their AAA titles to pack the last 4 months or should they do the same as this year and spread them out over 12 months?

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

No. Even if the third-parties hold their system up for them, it's better to spread the titles out in order to ensure maximum sales potential for each and every title.

Plus, well, do you really want to spend $300 on games in a single month?

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

TheWPCTraveler said:
No. Even if the third-parties hold their system up for them, it's better to spread the titles out in order to ensure maximum sales potential for each and every title.

Plus, well, do you really want to spend $300 on games in a single month?

This.

Spreading them out seems to have worked for them for the past few years. Sony likes putting their 1st party games (most of the time) during Q1/Q2/Q3 mostly because Q4 is AAA 3rd party territory.

I think they'll stick to their existing plan unless games get delayed.

Obviously the plan has already changed against their will - Uncharted was meant to launch very soon and will now be Q3 (Q1 calendar). Nature of the business sometimes.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Nah fuck that, people play games all year round, I'm glad we got order bloodborne until dawn and little things like gow remastered etc during the year before the holiday season. Everything comes out then and it's just more things you have to choose from if they release nothing from January to August...*cough*

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Every gamer i know look at the entire past library of games a console has on offer,and not only the latest offerings. So a big NO to that one. Spread them out works a lot better!

No. If Sony wants to put one or two AAA titles in fourth quarter that's fine, but they will divide up their potential sales with other AAA. With Uncharted dropping in first quarter next year they have competition but most of those are new IP. Only their biggest games need to drop in fourth quarter if that was to happen. It wouldn't work out for new ips. Microsoft tried it with sunset overdrive and the game got swallowed up by the competition.

Considering Sony has the most packed year I have seen in 2016. Why bother?

Holidays are always packed with multiplats. They'll steal sales from many of Sony's big titles, and even Sony's own games will steal sales from their games if they release so packed.

Let 3rd parties carry the holidays, but they should have one heavy hitter for the holidays (Horizon?).