By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Sony Delay Games To Pack The Last 4 Months Of 2016?

Should Sony Back The Last 4 Months Of 2016

YES 22 10.05%

NO 197 89.95%

Total:219

The Holidays are always stacked as it is. I think Sony's strategy of releasing games through the year works and allows their smaller games to get more exposure during slower months.

Around the Network

Horizon should be a holiday 2016 title. With all 3rd party games (and maybe TLG), that's more than enough. I want to play the rest of the year too...

No they dont need to

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

No, the holiday is already packed with multiplat, release 1 heavy hitter game on holiday then spread the rest through out the year. It gives more sale potential for their games.

Spread throughout the year is a much better way of doing things (for the gamer).
Since you cant play a million games at the same time, its nice to always have a new game comeing out soon for you to play.

Also this hurts themselves and 3rd party game sales wise less.

Why compete with the guys that make your device great? 3rd party should have every chance they could possibly need.

Sony arnt Nintendo.

Around the Network

Oh god that would be hilarious. Then no one could say Sony has no exclusives for the holidays.

Just imagine Sony doing that and releasing uncharted 4, ratchet and clank, the last Guardian, gran turismo 7, star ocean 5, Dragon quest heroes 2, dragon quest Builders, persona 5 all within the last 3 or 4 months of the year.

And dropping the price another $50 and Sony would dominate next Christmas.

Pretty interesting idea.

No need, they can spread them out which is better for each individual game and ride through the holidays with 1 exclusive preferably backed by exclusive advertising deals on CoD and Destiny.

Sony should continue doing what Microsoft don't. Yeah, I said that.

Nope

Here's what they should do

Cancel TLG and GR2, put half of Sony Japan's employees on PD and release a GT every year

Cancel Horizon, and make GG, GC and Insomniac take turns releasing Killzone and Resistance every year

Nope. Obviously, that plan has not worked out for the MS all gen. It creates a very boring 1st half of a year. So why should sony copy anything MS doing? Perception isn't a problem for Sony. People are choosing the superior game console with the best line up. It only takes someone to count to mythbust the xbox one's line up to find out. Just do a game count.  Why throw all of those games into the ass end of the year?

Edited.