By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Yet another Hugh Jackson movie crash and burns - Pan cost 150 million just to develop, makes 15 million this weekend!

Thank GOD... maybe now the whole "let's remake each and every Disney classic we can get our hands on" will end.

Around the Network
Rob5VGC said:
They should have got Hugh Jackman to play the role then. It would have done better. Why choose a son over a man?

I heard they went with Hugh because Jermaine and Tito weren't available.

Uh, most of his movies do pretty good. In terms of real flops, what has he had besides The Fountain? Refresh my memory.

Well, time to roll out the DLC and micro transactions. Failing movie studios have much to learn from the gaming industry on how to make real money.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Darwinianevolution said:
How many movies really do need a budget of 150m dollars? Even with the global numbers, this isn't going to recover their money.

Rumor is Infinity war may have a billion dollar budget, including marketing. basically 350ish per movie plus marketing.

Around the Network
HylianYoshi said:
Huge jack, men. Huge jack, son.

That's what they get for making a poop movie. This year, those who deserve it, get it. *looks at Fantfourstic*

Huge ackman?

The film looked like the typical kid schlock reserved for non-summer/holiday family releases, but I honestly wasn't expecting it to bomb THAT hard at the box office. Only 15.5 million est. opening during a 4 day holiday weekend and getting destroyed by "The Martian" in its 2nd week of release.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

This looks like Tommorowland with a bigger brand attached. Lots of whimsey for the sake of whimsey. Jackman has nothing to worry about. He was great in Les Mis, Prisoners, and The Prestige if you're looking for non-X-Men roles.

I am Iron Man

It will probably do well world wide. It only needs to impress the chinese really.

Who's Hugh Jackson?