By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted Bundle PS4: $284.99 / (un)official tax discussion thread

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Second price cut in a day. Pack it up desperate Sony, it's over. (jk)

Not bad... Not bad....

Wait, didn't the gift card promo finish the moment the price cut happened? Or does it only finish later tonight at midnight? If so that's one full day of 50 off, wonder if we'll see the same on BF

kitler53 said:

just wanted to let everyone know it worked!

$349.99 - Uncharted bundle starting Oct 9th via sony's price drop.  required supervisor approval at target today because they still have it listed at $399.99.

free $50 giftcard - Target promotion ending Oct 9th on any ps4 purchase (i wanted the uncharted bundle but they had others in stock).

-$15 - I used my target card for 5% off my purchase (today and everyday, serious if you ever shop at target get one).

therefore $284.99 ps4 and free uncharted collection!!

+24.60 - tax.  we pay our tax after the purchase here in 'merica, stop whinning you european guys.

Congrats! Another good thing to have if you shop at Target a lot is an app called Cartwheel. It's a coupon app they put out and sometimes they have really good video game deals.

P.S. ick, sales tax :P

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
Wait, didn't the gift card promo finish the moment the price cut happened? Or does it only finish later tonight at midnight? If so that's one full day of 50 off, wonder if we'll see the same on BF

it ends at the end of today, so today it's $349.99 with a $50 gift card.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Roronaa_chan said:

it ends at the end of today, so today it's $349.99 with a $50 gift card.

That's beautiful. I hope so many people took advantage of this!

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

the-pi-guy said:
kitler53 said:

it's for everything.  just a different system from the VAT system europe uses.  everything is taxed at purchase.  fun part is not all things are taxed at the same rate,.. beer is taxed higher than fruit for instance.  it's always a bit of a mystery what you're going to actually pay when you buy something which is what i like about the VAT system.

Very much depends. 

Most food is not taxed in my state.  

I believe most states don't tax food unless it is prepared such as fast food or a sub that a grocery store put together by a worker at the grocery.  Fruits, veggies, etc... aren't taxed.  So prepared food is taxed but nonprepared isn't.

OT: Looks like a nice deal but would be a little less of a deal if someone didn't have a Target card (only 15 dollars).  So if someone didn't have Target card they would still only have to pay about $330 after tax.

Congratz you have 3 great starter games and a great console for a very good price. Don't forget TLOU remastered;) and Bloodborne and Infamous. That's always nice about buying consoles later you have an awesome backlog.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Hiku said:

So with tax it amounts to $309.59.

ood deal though. Congrats.

Though I always wondered why they don't include tax in the advertised price in Murica.
Is it like that for things like fruit as well?

Because sales taxes vary from state to state, and also from city to city in some cases.  For example in New Jersey it's roughly 7% total state sales tax added on to retail price, but let's say you're shopping in New York City, then it's roughly 8.875% combined state & city sales tax added on to retail price.

And the sales tax doesn't apply (in most cases) to fruits & veggies, non-prepared foods (i.e. not at restaurants), and most clothing items.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.