By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Where will Youkai Watch become more popular, Eurpe or America?

Tagged games:

Where will Youkai Watch become more popular, Eurpe or America?

America. 38 41.76%

Europe. 24 26.37%

It won't take of on either market. 24 26.37%

A Casper VS Youkai Watch ... 5 5.49%

Total:91
Samus Aran said:
Cloudman said:

Dang, quite a bit of people quoting and agreeing with me....

I'm still glad it's coming to the west, as I have been interested in it since it saw major success. I like the monster designs and their references to old Japanese monsters and stories, and think it would be good for the west to get something tied to more Japanese culture. Plus, for a series to get this much success for many games, there's gotta be something good in there...

It doesn't need to be as succesful as Pokémon though, it could sell a million in the West and I'd consider it a success.

Yeah, I don't think so either. I'd say a mil is a success as well : D

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

To be honest, I think it'll end up being like Monster Hunter. Huge massive hit in Japan, sells okay everywhere else.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

It's too odd, too foreign, too cultural. I don't think it will catch on in NA or EU. I will buy it because I am a sucker for Japanese RPGS but the same can't be said for the current North American market.

I would say that this will appeal to the Japanese loving market more than the kids market, in which case it will gain more traction in the USA (probably still not much, but moreso than in Europe). I mean, if the show takes off like a Pokémon or something like that, then anything can happen, but that's unlikely.

I'll say it'll be more popular in Europe than America, but neither market is gonna catch Japan. I think this will hit closer to Animal Crossing than Pokémon in terms of sales in each region.

Around the Network

OK maybr, not on the same level as Animal crossing, but it'll be a case where it sells much better in Japan than in either Europe or America

twintail said:

such a lust for reason!?

haha I hear ya

Yeah, sometimes you just have to recognise when someone's just being a...

...And move on.

Probably Europe.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Europe. I can already envision the commercials on Cartoon Network .

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

North America.

It already has an edge because NA is a bigger market for Nintendo, but even Pokemon isn't as big here as in NA or JP. I doubt Yokai Watch will be any different given the similarities. Moreover, it isn't going to be within sniffing distance of Pokemon like it is in Japan in the west overall either though. But Yokai Watch NA>EU.