By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Where will Youkai Watch become more popular, Eurpe or America?

Tagged games:

Where will Youkai Watch become more popular, Eurpe or America?

America. 38 41.76%

Europe. 24 26.37%

It won't take of on either market. 24 26.37%

A Casper VS Youkai Watch ... 5 5.49%

Total:91
twintail said:
Cloudman said:
To be honest, I don' think Yokai Watch will catch on anywhere else.. : /

I say this.

Honestly, the Pokemon games are miles better than YW in everything but maybe aesthetics. 

Pokémon games are boring, repetitive and run poorly. The first two generations were amazing because things were still fresh, now it's so fucking stale. I doubt you even played a YW game...

And lol at the "maybe" aesthetics part, YW games look a lot better, there's no doubt about that. The aliasing in Pokémon is some of the worst on the 3DS. The battle system is a complete borefest of spamming the same attack over and over again in SP. There's no strategy or tactics involved at all and the story is horrible.

Quality has little to do with sales in most cases.

Around the Network

Slightly better recieved in europe.

America seems more receptive to games on Nintendo-plattforms than Europe, so America

Samus Aran said:
twintail said:
Cloudman said:

I say this.

Honestly, the Pokemon games are miles better than YW in everything but maybe aesthetics. 

Pokémon games are boring, repetitive and run poorly. The first two generations were amazing because things were still fresh, now it's so fucking stale. I doubt you even played a YW game...

And lol at the "maybe" aesthetics part, YW games look a lot better, there's no doubt about that. The aliasing in Pokémon is some of the worst on the 3DS. The battle system is a complete borefest of spamming the same attack over and over again in SP. There's no strategy or tactics involved at all and the story is horrible.

Quality has little to do with sales in most cases.

If you think pokemon is bad...

Cloudman said:

This. Just seems like it will be way too Japanese and niche to catch on. Pokemon didn't have that problem since it was able to be fully localised. A lot of Pokemon were based on animals, so stuff that western people will recognise anyway. Yokai will just appear foreign to western audiences. There was the anime too, that was simply better than the Yokai Watch anime (by quite a significant margin as well) and got fully localised too, even the rice balls, I mean... jam donuts

Besides that the things that helped make Pokemon mega popular, handheld gaming, the anime, trading cards etc just don't seem to be as popular with kids as they did back when Pokemon released.

Around the Network
Cloudman said:

Yes. Also, fuck Yokai Watch.

I may be a little biased.

Well, this is new.

Read.

twintail said:

Learn what to entertain and what to just leave alone, dude.

Well, this is new.

Read.

Cloudman said:

This, but if I had to guess, I'll say Europe

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I'll say North America just because most Nintendo games are bigger here.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

spemanig said:
twintail said:

Learn what to entertain and what to just leave alone, dude.

The latest generation is poorly made and unworthy of being a multi-billion dollar franchise. I love how Pokémon fans are so against the evolution of the franchise given the central theme of evolution in the franchise itself. Oh the fucking irony.

"I want to destroy the world to make it beautiful." Who the fuck thinks of these dumb story lines? The Pokémon lore is about as deep as a kiddie pool.

As for the combat system, it wouldn't surprise me if the elite four still used growl to attack you. And why does every gym member only have one type of Pokémon? This makes it way too easy to defeat them with one hit attacks.