By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales (Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki) Sep 28 - Oct 4

outlawauron said:
nanzano said:

They shouldn't have put Neymar on the japanese box art lol, the game and its gameplay are amazing on ps4 though

Not many options. They can't put Okazaki on it, because he's not in Bundesliga anymore. Honda was on it last year, but Kagawa or a young star like Muto are pretty easy options.

Well doesn't PES have the license for the Japanese national team? If so why should it matter for what club he plays?

Around the Network

:O

I just noticed Arslan senki musou.

Thats pretty cool. Wonder if it will come to the west.

Nem said:
:O

I just noticed Arslan senki musou.

Thats pretty cool. Wonder if it will come to the west.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/30/arslan-the-warriors-of-legend-will-release-in-the-west-in-early-2016/

Announced quite a while ago.

They're going to need it to do well in the west to make up for the utter bomb it's been in Japan :(

My thoughts:

Tokyo Xanadu did well; Yoru no Nai Kuni did well (seems like they can't go PS4 exclusive any time soon though); PS4 hardware did well.  Not quite sure what to think of those Tokyo Ghoul numbers (seem low) and Arslan Warriors just did awfully.  Steep drops from Utawarerumono too.

Disappointed with Vita hardware figures too, really hammers home that the Falcom/Gust etc audience is well and truly already on the console.

Dat price cut.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
kurasakiichimaru said:
Japanese Devs really need to stop making games for PS3. It's not worth it anymore.

Are we looking at the same charts? There are PS3 games outperforming PS4 games every week. Apparently it's still worth it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Quite an eventful week

Tokyo Xanadu -> good but I did expect more, especially in terms of Vita boost. Kiseki games sold 90K on Vita + 90K on PS3, so PS3 Sen players don't give a fuck and it's just sad.

YNNK -> a six-year high for Gust. Bravo.

Moero Crystal -> excellent 2nd week (I bought mine at that time) that partially offsets the feeble start

Arslan -> had it coming miles away : the promotion was horrible and failed to show relevant appeal

PES -> time to pull the plug. Losy audience not even buying PS4

Expect sub 20k PS4 next week simply due to being October. I mean just look at the 3DS, 23k. The importance of the pricecut is during the holidays, where retailers can advertise the new price during October then PS4 gets mind share and people buy it during the holidays.

Great opening for Tokyo Xanadu! I have no clue what Falcom's expectations were for it but I expected an Ys type opening when this game got announced. It's actually the biggest open for a Falcom game on Vita so far.

- Tokyo Xanadu - 88,879

- Sen no Kiseki II - 86,283

- Sen no Kiseki - 81, 622

- Ys: Memories of Celceta - 42,146

Also a great opening for Yoru no nai Kuni. Like I thought the PS4 version was very close and in fact outsold the Vita version according to Media Create. Will be interesting to see which version has better legs. The Vita version has performance issues that may hinder it's legs but it does have a larger install base to sell to.

PS4 hardware is decent but not great. I guess I shouldn't have expected more considering the price drop wasn't coupled with strong software releases. 

Oh and Minecraft hanging on to the Top 20 by a thread. It's legs still amaze me.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Good ps4 sales but expected a bit more.