By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales (Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki) Sep 28 - Oct 4

I predicted 10x last weeks sales and it got it. Sony could have been more aggressive and did a $100 price cut but the landscape in Japan (and the reset of the world) was not competitive enough for them to do so.

As for baseline, there are 29 games coming out for the PS4 between now and the end of the year which should sustain sales and early next year should drive with DQ builders, SFV, Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3. PS3 games should be done away with as that is having an effect on sales for PS4 games.

Around the Network
nanzano said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

It sold 16K after the announcement and before price drop week.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=208118&page=1

And how will does help?

kurasakiichimaru said:
nanzano said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=208118&page=1

And how will does help?

It sold 8k + 4k adding this week it makes 58k, 19kX3= 57k

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

pricecut effect was lower than i was hoping for. but hopefully the baseline will be higher than before.

nanzano said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

And how will does help?

And? The weekly sales are always the same? For all you know, PS4 sales could've dropped during Sept 15- Oct. 4 without the price drop anyway. It doesn't matter. What matters is the baseline for the weeks to come.

Around the Network

that Mario Maker review grade tho

kurasakiichimaru said:
nanzano said:

And? The weekly sales are always the same? For all you know, PS4 sales could've dropped during Sept 15- Oct. 4 without the price drop anyway. It doesn't matter. What matters is the baseline for the weeks to come.

I agree with you regarding the baseline but if I remember well last year ps4 jumped in sales after TGS hype(which is logic) so without price drop the ps4 could have sold 20k+ the week of tgs and that is what is intriging me

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

nanzano said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

I agree with you regarding the baseline but if I remember well last year ps4 jumped in sales after TGS hype(which is logic) so without price drop the ps4 could have sold 20k+ the week of tgs and that is what is intriging me

Really? I felt like Destiny moved PS4 systems then eventually go 7k levels after.

Dayyum... PS4

Great for Xanadu and Yoru!
Now those chums better pick up Sophie too